Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jamestg

Re: Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Postby Jamestg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Try to patch the game without any mod through mod Manager and then patch the game with the mod. If something did not work for me, I did that. Otherwise I have no clue, what wents wrong with your game. I played my mod over GOG and over Steam over 100 Hours and I never had those Bugs. Something must be very wrong.

I will oversee the Boarding Events and Change everything, that they could be prevented. Thanks for your insights.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:00 pm

Jamestg wrote:To meklozz,

I changed the misc file and now not every Tip is displaying in game. THe Second weapon or the second Drone the Tip works perfectly, but the first weapon has no tip visible.

Do you mean weapon in the first slot? I think that's a game bug, not mod related. I have it too, but on different slots, and doesn't seem related to the misc change. Did you check a couple of times to make sure?

By the way, is the very low volume of the sound that happens when you hover over stuff intended? It's annoying because I can just barely hear it when I set the rest to be at the appropriate level.

Auron1 wrote:I wasn't using anything. After I finished yesterday my campaign, today I installed the new Mods and launched the game, where I found the "Continue" text white, meaning I could click on it. So I hit that and *puff* the bug appeared. I have read CE users reported something like that, but this is your mod, not CE...

If you had a continue available when it shouldn't be, it possibly doesn't have anything to do with any mod, but rather a messed up save file. Steam cloud issue, hdd issues, who knows.
Weird maps overtaken by rebels are also a sign of messed up save files.

Additionally, continuing a game that was active with other mods than currently installed is generally not a good idea at all.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:49 pm

Yes, I mean the weapon in the first Slot. The other Problems are gone.
The volume is intended, because for me it was nerving :-)
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:31 pm

meklozz wrote:
Auron1 wrote:I wasn't using anything. After I finished yesterday my campaign, today I installed the new Mods and launched the game, where I found the "Continue" text white, meaning I could click on it. So I hit that and *puff* the bug appeared. I have read CE users reported something like that, but this is your mod, not CE...

If you had a continue available when it shouldn't be, it possibly doesn't have anything to do with any mod, but rather a messed up save file. Steam cloud issue, hdd issues, who knows.

Additionally, continuing a game that was active with other mods than currently installed is generally not a good idea at all.

I think it's written pretty clearly there was no previous savegame there AND the last "campaign" was over... :roll:
Check this topic: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30001&p=105865&hilit=continue#p105865, reported here too: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&p=105859&hilit=continue#p105859.
My same problem...
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Auron1 wrote:
meklozz wrote:

I think it's written pretty clearly there was no previous savegame there AND the last "campaign" was over... :roll:
Check this topic: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30001&p=105865&hilit=continue#p105865, reported here too: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&p=105859&hilit=continue#p105859.
My same problem...

That's exactly the point.. If you have mysterious continues appear, that probably doesn't have much to do with mods (ftl modding is data editing, it can't really do anything like that, and I've seen this problem without mods - it even says so in the thread you linked), and everything to do with the save file coming back from somewhere. Whether it's a cloud service, your own computer, maybe even something in FTL itself (changed files in general could be related, but if you get a victory/loss screen, the game takes care of things from there), I don't know.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:31 am

Part 2 of my run with the mod. Things have probably been fixed by now though but hey, here's my thoughts:

Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Ugh... got another crash today.
This time it was a Runtime error.

Now, some more typos I have found.
*They really tried to escape rather than fighting you in that dangerous area.

*Create a Trans Warp bubble around you and the other ship, then directly jump to the their planet.

You are flying into an "Ice Nebula".
WARNING! The ice nebula can freeze both systems and crew members!

RADIATION enemy
If you don't purify the ship, the enemy "ship" will remain there.

About the ships, there are some errors:
Wrongly manned systems, missing stealth glowings and the CloneBay background covering the O2
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:14 pm

Thank you for your Help. I will Work on it and upload a new Version, when my work is done!
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:07 pm

Please, take your time and review ALL the ships you have added: the Sovereign III has several issues with the rooms.
Screenshot:

1) many wrong/weird background textures
2) the Shield sys. has no active manning console
3) the Pilot is facing the wrong direction.

But most importantly of all: ALL projectile-based Artillery weapons I have used are 99% USELESS. Really, they couldn't hit a real Borg cube! :x
Even if it is true you can't direct them to a specific target, I am fairly sure you can reduce their radius. Please check that out.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:35 am

Working on it. I changed all Artillery Bursts into Laser. Now they do what they suposed to do and look the same as bevor. Changing most ships now. I will upload an update soon.

I also did some balancing. Reduced the Torpedo weapons and changed some other weapons, so that they are not as powerfull.