FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ahmedoo

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.293/Inf 1.28/EL 1.286

Postby ahmedoo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Few bugs:
1.(Major) Endless loot for standard CE has a prefix "Flux" which made my ion drone unable to shoot. On the screen drone is in the position right after unfinished shot:

https://zapodaj.net/dc2f660f60887.png.html

2.(Minor) Two options should be marked as blue, but they are white:

https://zapodaj.net/cffca3b429a1d.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/69858605ca3cd.png.html

3.(Very minor) Targetting Jammer option order is in many events wrong:

https://zapodaj.net/85cad300dcebf.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/c396012f44b0b.png.html
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:13 am

-Pokes head in to see what's new with CE-

Woah. Didn't expect this much activity.

So I see the Engi B and Rock A got small by-proxy buffs. I don't think that'll be enough to rescue the latter from the garbage fire, but much appreciated all the same. Same goes for the buff to On-Board Assembly Line. Seems a bit weird to just make what was already one of the cheapest augs in the game (Combat Simulator) even cheaper when the idea being floated was removing it from stores to reduce clutter, but overall the last few updates seem pretty sweet. Round of applause for Sleeper Service and his enviable work ethic.

With regards the overall concept of reducing store clutter, I definitely feel like drones and augs have it significantly worse than weapons, so the initial focus on augs in this latest what one might call a balance pass has my approval. Wanting to keep the ratio of useful vs not-so-useful augments similar to vanilla is a fair point, though. No one's done a side-by-side comparison yet, so I may have to look into that myself.

As for specific ideas that have been floated, combining Mapping Computer and On-Board Science Lab would just about make me jizz in my jumpsuit, since I like both of those augs a lot and it would also be a nice mini-buff for the Stealth B and Engi C. Giving the Engi C Mapping Computer also makes a lot of thematic sense, since that ship's entire shtick is that it has lots of things it can spend drone parts on, the challenge coming primarily from how well you are able to manage that resource. I also support the removal of the drone and ammo manufacturers that can already be constructed at empty beacons and the thinning out of redundant defence drone types.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:57 am

Captain Trek wrote:Round of applause for Sleeper Service and his enviable work ethic.
A pleasure.

Captain Trek wrote: No one's done a side-by-side comparison yet, so I may have to look into that myself.
Yeah I'd incourage everyone having an opinion on this to make a list of instant buy/sometimes buy/ never buy for ce gear, sorted by category, then doing the same with vanilla gear to compare subjective clutter percentage. That would be helpfull.

Captain Trek wrote:, since I like both of those augs a lot and it would also be a nice mini-buff for the Stealth B and Engi C. Giving the Engi C Mapping Computer also makes a lot of thematic sense, since that ship's entire shtick is that it has lots of things it can spend drone parts on
That change is still under consideration, although I find it doesn't fit thematically that much. I'd prefer limiting scanner bonuses to the stealth cruiser. Then again the engi build that, so some cross over might be justified. Mapping computer does not use drones though. ;)

Captain Trek wrote: I also support the removal of the drone and ammo manufacturers that can already be constructed at empty beacons and the thinning out of redundant defence drone types.
Yeah that's still under consideration.
rounix

Postby rounix » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Hello, i have a bit problem with FTL CE. Its crashes - everything is working until i dont chose the ship and click continue - then game starts freezing and i cant do anything. I have the newest Slip Stram Mod Menager- I have FTL Captain's Edition 1.929 and CE Resource Pack 1.293. I tried to play with another mod - Beginner Scrap Adventage, and everything works pefect, so its no fault of SSM. How i can repair this?
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:39 pm

rounix wrote:Hello, i have a bit problem with FTL CE. Its crashes - everything is working until i dont chose the ship and click continue - then game starts freezing and i cant do anything. I have the newest Slip Stram Mod Menager- I have FTL Captain's Edition 1.929 and CE Resource Pack 1.293. I tried to play with another mod - Beginner Scrap Adventage, and everything works pefect, so its no fault of SSM. How i can repair this?

Hello and welcome to the FTL forum!
:D

Can you post the list of all the mods you are using?
Also, can you please confirm you are following the mods order written in the first page of this topic?
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
rounix

Postby rounix » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:09 pm

I am using only this two mods:
-FTL Captains Edition 1.292
-CE Resource Pack 1.293

I geuss only this two mods are requiered to FTL CE work (I dont want play infinite addon)
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:23 pm

rounix wrote:I am using only this two mods:
-FTL Captains Edition 1.292
-CE Resource Pack 1.293

I geuss only this two mods are requiered to FTL CE work (I dont want play infinite addon)

Have you read trough troubleshooting? Especially the bit about re-downloading the mod.
Modded game crashes upon starting up:
First make sure you observed the load order shown bellow the download links (you have to drag the mods into the right order within the mod manager window to establish your load order.)
If the crash persist: Reinstall FTL or verify its game data with steam. Delete the content of the /backup folder of the mod manager or delete the entire mod manager end extract it anew (do not override the old mod manager, crashes can be caused by pre AE backup files in SMM that will not be removed this way).
If crashes persist: Read through the last pages of the SMM thread to see if anyone had similar problems and how they got fixed. Sometimes the download is faulty, so re-downloading the mod might also be an option.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:40 pm

Resource Pack first, then Captain's Edition.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:12 pm

stylesrj wrote:Resource Pack first, then Captain's Edition.

It doesn't really matter, neither overwrites anything on the other.
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:23 am

I'll do that side-by-side soon, but in the meantime I decided to playtest the newest version of CE to check out what GIdoza was saying about there being too many empty beacons myself.

I started with the Red-Tail, purely so I'd be pretty much guaranteed an easy sector 1 and 2, and here are the beacons I encountered during sector one. Note that this was played on Normal:

Nebula - Wreckage search
Beacon - Rebel fight at a pulsar
Distress - Civilian in asteroids
Beacon - asteroid field explore (pirate ship)
Beacon - Slaver (freed slave gave quest)
Beacon - Auto-Assault
Quest - Slave's family repaired hull
Beacon - Time-conscious pirate trader
Store - Got drone control with system repair drone and heavy ion drone.
Beacon - Elusive rebel - double pursuit
Beacon - Auto Surveyor
Exit - Trader (10 fuel for 1 drone part)

Not a single empty beacon and only one civilian trader. Indeed, I only proceeded to encounter a total of three empty beacons across sectors 2, 3, 4, and 5 (four if you count one Exit beacon that was also empty). I got Long-Range Sensors at the end of sector 5, so whilst I didn't encounter any empty beacons in sectors 6 or 7 either, that shouldn't be taken as meaningful.

The actual run itself was absolutely fantastic. RNG, apparently wanting to welcome me back to the game, gave me Flak II, Heavy Charger, and Adaptive Focus III all in sector 2. From there, and combined with an early Scrap Arm, it was just a question of stacking flak shots and then cutting enemy ships to pieces with the beam. Neither a cloak 'nor defence drones were forthcoming, so it did get hairy at certain moments owing to Adaptive III's very slow wind-up time, but in the end a lucky cloak find at a sector 8 store (I seem to get a lot of those) was able to mostly trivialise the flagship. I finished the game with 5,100 points, Adapative III, Old Laser, Flak II, Flak I, Scrap Recovery Arm, Long-Range Sensors, 8 shields, 6 engines, 7 weapons, 4 drone (Scatter I and Heavy Defence), 1 cloak, and 2 in everything else including artillery and backup battery.