K15-GRED07
[classification]
Class-M, Habitable
[mission objective]
Scout jungle to retrieve lost Rebel technology
[incident report]
At approximately 19:34 hours, Pvt. Carlton called for help
Assistance team dispatched to coordinates: 47.11185N -18.31819W
Pvt. Carlton was found and noted to be covered in a vine native to the planet's jungle
Pvt. Carlton was declared deceased and noted to be (Redacted)
[item(s) recovered]
One(1)Vintage Rebel Cruiser
Multiple indigenous vines
(Data Expunged)
[crew]
Private Matthew Carlton (Deceased)
(CLASSIFIED) (Deceased)
(CLASSIFIED) (Comatose)
(CLASSIFIED) (Recovering)
(CLASSIFIED)
(CLASSIFIED)
(CLASSIFIED)
[conclusion report]
(Redacted)
>exit MLOG-152-N

-database updated-
[incident log {POST}]
Item 3145-RSC was authorized for station leave
Legitimate authorization was not granted
Three(3) unknown lifeforms were detected
Ship recovery priority (Hi) (Med) (LOW)
[End Log]

The Rustbucket

Here are its stats:
Starting Systems
Pilot - 1
Sensors - 1
Doors - 1
Weapons - 4
Engines - 2
Shields - 2
Medbay - 1
Oxygen - 1

Weapons

Ion Blast
Pike Beam
Defense Laser MK I

Augments

Scrap Recovery Arm

Crew

Human
Engi
Lanius

Notes

All systems are buyable, except the Battery and Cloaking systems.
Current weapons may be subject to change.
Enjoy!

Code: Select all

Changelog
V1.0 Release

V1.1
-Fixed rooms
-Removed Battery, Cloak

A lot of testing is required for this hunk of junk.

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjspgp63hy74s ... t.ftl?dl=0
Last edited by Skeleqrow on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't forum much
Auron1

Re: [SHIP] The Rustbucket

Postby Auron1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Mmm... your ship looks nice, but there are a couple of problems you should take care of.

First, let's go with the screenshots!
and

1) From your pictures you can see that Pilot and Weapon screen lights are slightly offset.
2) Not every system can be purchased; but the worst thing is that you have dedicated one room to two "co-existing" together. Big time no-no. If you look at my second screenshot, you'll notice my Engi is standing there doing nothing: he can't repair my hacking sys.
If you wish to leave rooms as they are, at least indicate us which systems can be purchased and where they would be placed.
3) Personally, I don't like the green shields: that color is actually used for the Zoltan super-shields. I would suggest you to reconsider that color.
4) If you need more room, you can add 2 rooms 2x1 above and below the engine room.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Skeleqrow

Postby Skeleqrow » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Auron1 wrote:Mmm... your ship looks nice, but there are a couple of problems you should take care of.

First, let's go with the screenshots!
(image)
and
(image)
1) From your pictures you can see that Pilot and Weapon screen lights are slightly offset.
2) Not every system can be purchased; but the worst thing is that you have dedicated one room to two "co-existing" together. Big time no-no. If you look at my second screenshot, you'll notice my Engi is standing there doing nothing: he can't repair my hacking sys.
If you wish to leave rooms as they are, at least indicate us which systems can be purchased and where they would be placed.
3) Personally, I don't like the green shields: that color is actually used for the Zoltan super-shields. I would suggest you to reconsider that color.
4) If you need more room, you can add 2 rooms 2x1 above and below the engine room.

I usually tell myself to take time on ships, but I always manage to mess them up somehow, even if I spend a full week on one.
Once I have access to a computer with all the required programs (tomorrow), I'll fix the ship and update it.
Thanks for the feedback.
I don't forum much
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Hey man don't worry about, its not bad at all. The offset on the screens is unnoticeable most of the times, though not being able to repair systems is a concern. As far as the shields go, I don't really think its a big deal that they're the same color as the Zoltan shields, its not like the player will forget they have them. I would also recommend to NOT add more rooms to a ship unless you think the playstyle of the ship benefits from having more systems. I think aesthetics are more important than more systems, and cramming more rooms into a tight space makes any custom hull you use less visible. I would instead reccomend editing blueprints.xml.append and setting the price of unavailable systems to zero, that way the player won't accidentally waste money on them.
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:58 pm

I should give this ship a try, provided the room issues are fixed. Because having a single room dedicated towards the final system should only be done if it's actually the final system. Otherwise you get repair issues as Auron has pointed out.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Skeleqrow wrote:
Auron1 wrote:Text

I usually tell myself to take time on ships, but I always manage to mess them up somehow, even if I spend a full week on one.
Once I have access to a computer with all the required programs (tomorrow), I'll fix the ship and update it.
Thanks for the feedback.

Please, don't take my words as evil or mean: the ship looks very nice and you surely spent A LOT of time adding all those details!
My first (and currently only) ship I released had several problems too...

One final suggestion, if you allow me: I'd create a thinner floor picture.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:00 pm

To add onto what Auron said, if you're using SuperLuminal to create your ships (Which you should be, makes the process soooo much easier) then there's an option where you set how many pixels wide the floor image is. I agree in that a thin floor image would look better.
ImageImageImage
Skeleqrow

Postby Skeleqrow » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Auron1 wrote:
Skeleqrow wrote:
Auron1 wrote:Text

More text

One final suggestion, if you allow me: I'd create a thinner floor picture.

I've already made a new floor picture.

Auron1 wrote:Please, don't take my words as evil or mean: the ship looks very nice and you surely spent A LOT of time adding all those details!
My first (and currently only) ship I released had several problems too...

I didn't take it personally, criticism is a good thing.

Try out the new version if you want.
I don't forum much
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:53 pm

The current version is way better! :D

There are some minor things tough...

You can notice there is a colored glowing area around the ship. Unless it is something planned, it should be definitely removed...

The shields are still green.

More as a suggestion, I would move slightly forward ( → ) all the weapon mounting points. If you equip big stuff like Pike beams or Heavy lasers there is no problem, but some Mods add "small" size weapons which could be totally hided by the ship.
Skeleqrow

Postby Skeleqrow » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Auron1 wrote:The current version is way better! :D

There are some minor things tough...
(image)
You can notice there is a colored glowing area around the ship. Unless it is something planned, it should be definitely removed...

That part is a side effect of the color alterations to the image. I'll work on removing it.

Auron1 wrote:The shields are still green.

As Jimli_ said...
Jimli_ wrote:As far as the shields go, I don't really think its a big deal that they're the same color as the Zoltan shields, its not like the player will forget they have them.

I agree with him, and I personally like the shield color.

Auron1 wrote:More as a suggestion, I would move slightly forward ( → ) all the weapon mounting points. If you equip big stuff like Pike beams or Heavy lasers there is no problem, but some Mods add "small" size weapons which could be totally hided by the ship.

I'll get around to doing that, maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for the great feedback :D
I don't forum much