Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Auron1

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Auron1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:01 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Hello everyone.
Here's the latest update:
{some bad and good news}

The idea of a sub-sea based game is interesting, however you'll have to reconsider the whole weaponry section: I don't see lasers fitting in a deep ocean battle and using only torpedoes would become boring very quickly.
However you can add new systems to make things potentially (much) harder. :mrgreen:
As for where to place your stuff, I'd begin with a blog with a small forum section.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 am

I have been inactive for awhile but here's some info:
1. The trailer is great but the part where it says, "Be the shooter and man the weapons" I feel like 'shooter' is the wrong word though I don't know what the right word is.
2. a0.7 Is great though when you got to the controls screen with the new title screen, they clash (The controls/how to play screen should have the old background)
3. I started playing through a0.7 today but I was stopped as after I finished repairing the Falcon, the NPC kept talking about me needing to repair it, even though I had already done so.
4. I like the idea of creating a new submarine version of this game but please keep this one alive.
This is a bad signature. :|
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:25 am

Hak86 wrote:4. I like the idea of creating a new submarine version of this game but please keep this one alive.

Unlikely to happen. My bets are he received an email close enough to a C&D form, written in a friendly way.
The best thing would be that Spektor manages to totally transform the space battle as it currently is, into a submarine one. 8-)
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Hak86 wrote:I have been inactive for awhile but here's some info:
1. The trailer is great but the part where it says, "Be the shooter and man the weapons" I feel like 'shooter' is the wrong word though I don't know what the right word is.

Couldn't find one too. Shooter is the best one I could come up with. :)
2. a0.7 Is great though when you got to the controls screen with the new title screen, they clash (The controls/how to play screen should have the old background)

Indeed, I wanted to add a square behind it but forgot with all the comotion going on.
3. I started playing through a0.7 today but I was stopped as after I finished repairing the Falcon, the NPC kept talking about me needing to repair it, even though I had already done so.

He also tells you to claim the ship, which you probably forgot to do ;)
4. I like the idea of creating a new submarine version of this game but please keep this one alive.

Well the a0.7 is downloadable now, so anyone who is interested can mod it any way he wants. Add new ships, new events and so on.
But I will personally focus on finding a good artist to make the Submarine version.
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:49 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Hak86 wrote:3. I started playing through a0.7 today but I was stopped as after I finished repairing the Falcon, the NPC kept talking about me needing to repair it, even though I had already done so.

He also tells you to claim the ship, which you probably forgot to do ;)

At first I didn't but after I did, I still could not get it to work :?
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Hak86 wrote:At first I didn't but after I did, I still could not get it to work :?

Can you show what eactly is he saying to you?

just post some screenshots.
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:54 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Hak86 wrote:At first I didn't but after I did, I still could not get it to work :?

http://imgur.com/a/LHCg8
I did not screen shot it but I also repaired the station.
xNxExOx

Postby xNxExOx » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:35 pm

I have same problem, when I run sever on local windows ( both client and server on same machine, same system Win 10)

Something more weird happens when I run the server on remote linux console only machine.
I can not repair and I see no flames, or no oxygen strips.
Here is a log from server.

Code: Select all

349. [Server] Ship system model SS_C not found!
350. [Server] Error loading system from code f3b36773-8795-40a5-b7f7-97b74a791f3e;SS_C;15;7;1;1;0;10000;0;0;0;0;

I extract the zip, start the server, then from my windows 10 machine I create ne character and join, I speak with the NPC about repairs, but I can not repair. When I press R the repairing progress bar appears, but not change.

For local test I do exactly the same but in game and repairing work as expected, but I get stuck with same problem as Hak86, more screenshot is irrelevant because only name of character should be different, all systems repaired, expect the inaccessible on stations, probably the missing "SS_C" whatever it should be. Probably missing "SS_C" is source of this problem.
screenshot of inaccessible rooms
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Hak86 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/LHCg8
I did not screen shot it but I also repaired the station.

There is an error in in "WorldGen/Dialogues/D31.xml". Search for

<message id="8_2"
and replace it with

<message id="REP8_2"
. Restart the server and it you should be able to continue.
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:16 pm

xNxExOx wrote:Something more weird happens when I run the server on remote linux console only machine.
I can not repair and I see no flames, or no oxygen strips.
Here is a log from server.

349. [Server] Ship system model SS_C not found!
350. [Server] Error loading system from code f3b36773-8795-40a5-b7f7-97b74a791f3e;SS_C;15;7;1;1;0;10000;0;0;0;0;

I extract the zip, start the server, then from my windows 10 machine I create ne character and join, I speak with the NPC about repairs, but I can not repair. When I press R the repairing progress bar appears, but not change.

We tried it and I was able to see his progress while he was repairing. He saw it only after a reconnect.