One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
SciGuy303

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby SciGuy303 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Arkangel suddenly woke up from a long dream. He couldn't quite tell what was in that dream, but nonetheless he heard the order and walked over to the airlock, opening it to reveal the flaming ship in question. He then saw the branding and muttered something (make a perception check :lol: ). Arkangel put on the jetpack he kept in the airlock and said over the comms. "Ready when you are. Give me the signal and I'm going in."
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:18 am

"Targon Industries, how may I help you?" Targon asked as he loaded his simple laser pistol. He continued talking as he walked to the weapons system. "Ah, sounds tricky. What you'll need to do is insert the target command. Yes, it goes red when you type it. Good. Next, use the command that accepts Javascript V. Pffh, that code may be old, but it works with filling in the cracks. You know what to do from here?" Targon plopped into his chair and did a quick weapons check. "Okay, thanks for calling. Bye."

Dang it, we're going to be rich! He thought happily. "I can't wait to try out this tactical burst laser. Although, I would rather test out our new Ion Cannon. I need to do some research on it." He switched his screen to window view and saw the Engi ship, but this time it looked less scratched up. Weird. I could've sworn..
A plate of the ship suddenly sprung open and a robotic arm wielding a new plate popped out, then another empty one. They did a job of fixing a section of hull rapidly and zipped back into the ship, holding the old plate. Targon blinked. It had happened so fast, he could hardly believe he had seen it.
"Quintet, have you done a life scan of the Engi ship? I think it's an old AI Mineral Miner, but I can't tell what class." And what is that symbol? Looks like some old pirate tattoo from here.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:45 am

Can you feel it Tabitha? The shadow of the Empire bearing down upon you?
What? Empire? Who are you? Why are you rambling inside of my head?
You don't even know do you Tabitha? Is that even your name? Tabitha Mia?

Tabitha frowned "I don't know about you but I think there might be a Slug onboard messing with our heads..." she said over the internal comms.
Is that what you think? A Slug? Can a Slug read the minds of a machine?
Ask an Engi about that, whoever you are!
Such a pity you keep choosing to ignore who you are...
"If you see someone who looks like your mother on this ship or that one, shoot them. It's probably a trick" Tabitha said, trying to laugh.

((There is no Slug onboard... unless you want there to be one))
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:34 am

Hello, Targon. How are you, my fine mantis?
Umm, hi?
Hello there.
Can you read my mind?
Can I?
I dunno, let's find out.

Targon thought of three images; the first being a awkward moment when he had bumped into the pretty pink Mantis at the Acadamy, the second one was him and Data learning about Hyplus++, and the third was completely made up. It was a brain on top of a spear, clear stuff oozing from it.
You're interesting.
So you can read my mind.
Yes. You are misunderstood.
So's your face.
I-
SPACE WHALE!!

Targon proceeded to think about himself swimming in a vat of space whale, his mouth wide open the entire time.
How about some CATSUP!?!?
Red drops of the stuff rained down, and Targon was blissfully making Mantis angels and gobbling the lot up.
And the MUSTARD!!
A giant flood of yellow sauce flooded the entire picture, and his mind's eye went blank.
Whaya gonna do now, tellypath? Erase my memory?
The telepathic being left Targon's mind, and the Mantis could tell he was disgusted. "Hey guys, maybe we can weird it out enough to make it stop. Watch out, whovever's next."

I got creative. :lol:
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 am

so derk said the mystery voice how are you... shut up you mysterious voice im trying to work here so go away.... yeah ok then derk
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 pm

You have some interesting friends Tabitha... very interesting indeed
I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm there...
That's probably your sarcasm detector. They make sure to put one in the latest models...
A sarcasm detector? Oh that sounds really useful!

Tabitha felt a minor shock in her head.
It's also a backdoor... let's see... ah-hah! Loyalties!
She realised what was happening. The telepathic being was attempting to perform mind control; before memetic defence training became standard training in most militaries, Slugs would pull pranks on unsuspecting ships and their crew by taking control of their minds. Now it took dedicated ship systems, sometimes implanted with actual brains to mind control crew and even then it was a taxing affair. It was very hard to tell a brain to switch sides or to perform acts that went against the person's moral code.
She quickly started drowning out the voice with cooking instructions. The souffle must be heated to a temperature of...
You think that's going to stop me? You have no idea what you are...
Once it reaches a mean temperature of...
And done. Uploading new code...

Tabitha shook her head and suddenly began turning the ship in another direction, away from the damaged, self-repairing AI ship. A course that seemed to oddly enough involve transitioning through an entire planet...
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:58 pm

*over comms* tabitha? whats going on?? why are we heading towards that planet !?
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:01 am

Feeling the ship change course suddenly, Kr left his room and checked the course of the ship.Good, we're moving away. He heard Derk's question to Tabitha and checked the course again. "Um, you know where we're going right Tabitha?" There was no response. "Hello?" Still nothing. Kr decided to go up to the helm and see what was happening. He arrived and stepped through the door to see Tabitha clearly in control of the ship and steering it toward the planet. "Hello?" He stepped closer and tapped her on the head. She looked oddly different, but he couldn't decide what it was.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:06 am

I have your blue friend controlled. You're coming with me now, sauce boy.
Oh? I thought I got you out of me? Fine then.

Targon ran to the pilot room, where Tabitha was looking a little sick. "Sorry, gal. I don't want to die just yet." He punched her in the chin and she fell to the floor, but Targon quickly caught and set her down. "Quinny. What is happening? The crew has a right to know."
Targon looked around the pilot room. "See any rope or wire, Kr? We should tie her u-u-ggaa-a-a" Apparently he hadn't punched Tabitha hard enough; she was squeezing his and Kr's throat. They were thrown out the door with surprising strength, then it slammed and locked.
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:17 am

Arkangel decided to visit Tabitha in the helm, seeing the ship changed direction, only to see the door being locked, and Targon and Kr outside.
"I'm going in. Wish me luck." He then seemingly melted into a puddle and merged with the floor. Soon after, He emerged in the helm only to be hit at point blank range with a rifle. He fell back in surprise and quickly merged with the floors. Tabitha then took out a machine pistol and started to fire everywhere in the room. Arkangel quickly struck both her rifle and pistol and greeted her in person.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.