Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kcd.Spektor

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:15 pm

Manters wrote:I'll add you tomorrow. It's nearly 10:30 over here and I've powered things off for the night.

Maaan, when's tomorrow? :?
It's been several days now... :D

Also here's a small update:
I've just came up with an idea to make an event, where you find a paint shop station.
There you can talk to an NPC that can give your ship color some shade - (RED, GREEN, BLUE, any other?)
For a small fee of course ;)
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:44 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:Also here's a small update:
I've just came up with an idea to make an event, where you find a paint shop station.
There you can talk to an NPC that can give your ship color some shade - (RED, GREEN, BLUE, any other?)
Orange, Teal, Black/Grey
This is a bad signature. :|
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:40 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Also here's a small update:

It should be possible to get every color (RGB as hex number?) and a preview before paying would be useful.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Small update:
Just added the sensors page in the piloting system screen.
So that the Captain can browse the sector too.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:34 pm

And here's another one:

1. Added some events where you can meet a slaver ship.
Some times it's hostile, sometimes not.
When not hostile, you can buy some slaves from it.
These slaves will work as repair bots on your ship.
Also you can hire engineers on some trading stations that will also be working as repair bots.

2. I've managed to record some game footage on my work laptop.
So now I just need to edit it into a propper game trailer.
Hopefully I will manage to do this. :)

3. I've modified the way the energy is consumed.
Now when you see a warning message Powergrid overload, it means that you are now draining your capacitors.
And as soon as they are empty, you reactor goes into critical state, and starts loosing health.
Also the capacitors are now A LOT smaller. And it now feels important to upgrade your reactor and do not keep it overloaded all the time.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:36 pm

I also decided to add new feature.
It's small and shouldn't be too hard enough to implement, but I think it will be neat.
So the idea is that you start with an unexplored star map.
Empty space still looks like empty space.
But for sectors with stars you see icons like beacon icon in FTL map. And after you visit a sector with a star or asteroids then you see it on the map as a star.
And these explored sectors are saved for each ship.
So 2 different ships can have different map data.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:28 pm

And there it is.
My first ever attempt at recording, editing, montage and so on.
SUPER MEGA TRAILER!
As always any feedback is welcome and appreciated. :)

P.S.
Everyone please watch it! :D
And post your thoughts on it here.
I need to decide if I can finally go for Greenlight with this and release the latest version to public.

Edit:
For some reason it got uploaded without sound :(
At least I don't hear any sound there. But this might be just my old laptop.
Because on the one that I used to create it - it works fine with sound.

Edit #2:
Sorry it's already past midnight here, and I didn't notice that I was in the wrong pair of headphones :P
The sound is there.
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:02 pm

I added a couple of pages over on the wiki. If you don't like what I've been up to just say the word and I'll remove them.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:44 am

Hello everyone.
Here's another update:

I've just received this message from Sleeper service:
Sleeper Service wrote:Hey Spector, I couldn't help noticing that some of your weapons sprite use parts of CEs art. Please note that CEs license only allows re-use for non commercial projects. I politely request that you remove those sprite parts from game and trailer if you intend to release it commercially (which apparently you do since this is going to be a green-light trailer). No offence, I sincerely respect the work you put into the game. But I hope you respect mine just the same and don't appropriate it without permission. :) ;)

For reference:
Sleeper Service wrote:Image
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/. All assets of this mod, besides third party ones which are not created by the author, are free to use for other modders, as long as they use them for non-commercial purposes and are willing to share their work alike.

Thing is that when I was drawing these weapons from scratch I was using weapons from the Arsenal MOD as model-examples.(Did they use weapons from CE?)
I do agree that some of them look very similar, but some look almost completely different, also you can see that the sizes are different and mine are not animated.
I guess I will have to modify the images even more, I just hope that I don't get messaged with a complaint that I used the same colors as someone did.

Sleeper service can I please keep the old images in the trailer? Because it took me too much effort to make it. And I don't want to redo everything again.
I promise to replace the images, for these 2 weapons that look very similar, in the game files, with more modified ones before I release the game to public.

Also I would like to ask everyone who is reading this - I HOPE YOU DON"T MIND ME BEING INSPIRED BY THE THINGS I SEE, EVEN IF YOU MADE THEM?

P.S.
I really hope that there are more people that are interested in the game coming out and being developed further.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:53 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:I was using weapons from the Arsenal MOD as model-examples.(Did they use weapons from CE?)
Most of their weapons are from CE yes.

kcd.Spektor wrote:I do agree that some of them look very similar, but some look almost completely different, also you can see that the sizes are different and mine are not animated.
I don't have access to your files and I can't tell from the trailer how similar they are on a per pixel basis. The references where sized up by 100% for more easy comparability. Regardless, proportions and structure of parts of the sprites you used seem identical to my stuff. I find it unlikely that you created the exact same proportions from scratch.

kcd.Spektor wrote:Sleeper service can I please keep the old images in the trailer? Because it took me too much effort to make it. And I don't want to redo everything again.
I promise to replace the images, for these 2 weapons that look very similar, in the game files, with more modified ones before I release the game to public.
Since you'd use these to advertise your product, the licence doesn't really allow that. I have no intention of changing the licence, simply because I want modders to be able to use my stuff, but I'm not that thrilled about people taking my stuff and then selling it/using it to sell things. I won't retract my request, but if you go over my head with this there is little I can do about it I guess. :roll: