One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
elijahdb

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby elijahdb » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:30 pm

"What a feast." Targon replied, his mouth watering. He sat down and loaded his plate with the space whale, took a big bite and swallowed, then frowned. "It's good, but it needs something. Oh!" He went to the fridge and pulled out a big bottle of something red.
"A little something I brought called Catsup." He explained as he squeezed out a third of the bottle. "Tastes great on everything, even the random stuff." He sat down and gorged himself, but pushed the sauce toward the others just in case they wanted some. "If we run out I have a whole case, so no need to worry."
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Tabitha frowned and slapped Targon in the eye. "Typical. You can't enjoy a meal in its purest form so you have to slather that disgusting paste over everything. There's not even real tomato in it ever since they went extinct 200 years ago. These days it's all corn syrup."
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:49 pm

derk slowly walked into the dining haul to eat and socialize,using the replicator he heaped his plate with high mineral content metal,he decides to sit down next to targon, and starts talking to him about weapons
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:20 pm

Targon ignored Tabitha. He figured she wouldn't understand the power of ketchup. A few minutes later he was engaged in a discussion about weapons with Derk, the new Lanius.
"No, I tend to disagree on that," The talk was concerning the wave length in an ion weapon, "It's fifteen meters long on average, but the advanced ones do go up to twenty." He shoveled more space whale roast and ketchup into his mouth.
"Speaking of which," Targon wiped his mouth daintily with his shirt, "Do you know anything about a guy named Tuco? The pirate nut? I never understood him." He finished the last of the tail on his plate and got more, pouring ketchup on the meat like a flood, "All I've ever heard are rumors. I bet he isn't even real."
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Tabitha was still rather unhappy at how Targon kept butchering her food.
If that's what they do to my food, imagine what must be going on at Charlie Hive and their cooking... she thought to herself.

The Mantis and the Lanius seemed to be having a discussion about weapons.
"I used to hunt small game out in the colony with my a hunting railgun" she remarked "It never needed reloading after an extended trip, just a new block of metal... and a power cell. But it was better than carrying twenty batteries."
She shrugged "I don't know much about starship weapons beyond the primer given at Basic."
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:20 pm

.... tuco is... the guy who destroyed my ship...........*awkward silence* the guy is a jerk ill give him that much..

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Targon finished his meal with a flourish. "U-U-UR-p. Very good Tabitha, you know I love space whale. Thank you for the delicious meal." He paused, then burped again. "I'm sorry, Derk, if you want to talk about it I'm here for y-" A ringing noise abruptly cut Targon off.
"Oh, another call." He took a device out of his pocket and pressed something, then held the small thing up to his ear. "Targon Industries, how may I help you?" He listened, his face bland. "Uh-huh. Right. Okay, just plug the red wire in, not the blue one. The blue one certifies destruction of your- no, I said re- I said RED, YOU IDIOT!" He listened a little more then sighed.
"Great. Good, you're all set. Flip the switch and your engine should start up. M-hm. Okay, thanks for calling. Bye." Targon put the thing back in his pocket.
"I'm hosting a tech info line, it's what I've been working on in my room." He explained. "People call me and ask questions, and I answer them. It's one byte a minute. I'm making a fortune for us." The device rang again and Targon got up. "See you guys later." He walked to his room. "Targon Industries, how may I help you?"

A byte is worth 1/2 of one piece of scrap, it's data you can sell to people. And I'm assuming Quintet will be okay with this because we're getting money for it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:47 pm

"Dread Pirate Tuco?" Tabitha remarked "There's plenty of idiots out there claiming to be him. I think I once even did that when an impersonator visited my restaurant."

She remembered it well:
"I'm the Dread Pirate Tuco! Prepare to die unless I get my salad for free!" the guy had shouted.
"You're not Dread Pirate Tuco!" she replied sternly, hands crossed by glancing at a nearby knife rack as if daring him to try.
"Yes I am! I have defeated countless ships with my superior firepower!"
"You're not Tuco! I am Tuco you fool! Now get out of my restaurant before I cut you up and serve your bits for that Mantis couple over there."

She was caught up in her flashback she didn't hear Targon's compliment. Not that it would have mattered anyway. She looked towards Derk. The chef still felt uneasy in the presence of the metal-eating being that she didn't get around Arkangel... "From what I know about the real Tuco is that he got married to a Slug after losing a card game."
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:06 am

"Yeah, yeah, they're all geeks. Look, I'll give you my word, it'll work. Don't listen to them." Targon trotted down the halls, walking for exercise. "See? I told you connecting those two magnets would work! Yup, no prob. Bye now." He was getting a lot of customers; he already had ten bytes. "Might be time to hang up for awhile."
He switched his device to offline and wandered around the ship with his Hyplus X, bored out of his mind. He had destroyed his drone to create the machine that stored all of his bytes, the only leftover parts were scrap by now, and he had used his Hyplus X programmer to create the program for the byte storage. "I wonder if I could figure out the programming of a Lanius so I could make that robotic hybrid I planned. Nah, it would take too long. I'd need more tools also." He sighed and looked out the window at the galaxy they were in. It was a swirl of purples and blues, with little diamonds dotted all around, and the occasional fireball meteor flowing across the sky.
"Wait, that's not a meteor..." Targon peered closer. What looked like a meteor was actually a ship with a large exhaust problem. An Engi ship, to be exact, and it had several breached holes in the worn hull.
"Hey, dyno, you may want to contact these guys. They don't look too good."
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:08 am

hey tabitha,derk says i think targon almost said your pretty..... dont tell him i told you though