Engi Flagship (WIP)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
a_twelve_year_old

Engi Flagship (WIP)

Postby a_twelve_year_old » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Engi Flagship
This is my first ship, so I'm open to all suggestions. If you have anything, I repeat ANYTHING, then post it in the comments.

[size=85]Here are some pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/Rb3dv

So there I was, daydreaming during math class, and I was thinking "Engi ships look like a giant hunk of metal, so maybe if I slapped a ton of gibs onto it, would it still look like an engi ship?"
I'm sorry if this is just disgusting or cringey, but as I said, This is my first ship. :lol:
Please give me tips if you have any. If this ship is OP, then its probably because I suck at ftl. Thanks!
Here's the download: https://mega.nz/#!KQkzxTRA
Last edited by a_twelve_year_old on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: Engi Flagship

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:12 pm

Might be something to fly but there needs to be a bit of work done to make it viable.

Just from the pictures alone, I can see one big problem:
It has Medibot dispersal but no Medbay to actually disperse those medibots. The description does pretty much shout "Requires a powered-on Medbay"

Secondly, you mashed a whole bunch of gibs together but didn't remove the outer glows on them. Easy enough to actually remove the glows (select the outer edge with a magic wand or something and delete).

Third, I'm guessing the strategy is you deploy the Missile Drone and hope it hits the enemy shields so the beam drone can do damage.
I think it would be easier to replace that with a Combat Drone so you can get a proper combo going because the drones don't complement each other very well.

You can find if your ship has problems by doing a few test runs and see if you can get it out of Sector 1 without the use of luck.
a_twelve_year_old

Re: Engi Flagship

Postby a_twelve_year_old » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:24 pm

Thanks! Ill try to fix that. I might just restart because I'm too lazy to edit this ship since this took almost no effort. XD
Auron1

Re: Engi Flagship (WIP)

Postby Auron1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:38 am

While a ship can easily have more than 4 weapons and 4 drones, having both of them together at "high" values will ruin the graphic, making hard to control/change the drones (since they are displayed after the weapons).
I would consider reducing the amount of weapons at least...
Also, double check the floor_image.png, it's not placed in the right way.

Another thing is that your ship, from what I see, is useless against enemy AI scouts: you can even send all four 4 boarding drones, but the enemy will either survive or you will lose 4 drones in a single battle - not really a good strategy IMHO.
As stylesrj suggested, add a firing weapon or a firing drone.

Finally, I would like to see an in-battle screenshot: your ship looks quite big... :?
Thanks
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Also, Drone Recovery Arm doesn't retrieve boarding drones.

I really do recommend you test the ship against a variety of targets before uploading it because the problem with 4 boarding drones would have become immediately obvious at the first AI ship encounter.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:37 am

Question Whats the Key To De-crypt It, Because "MEGA" Requires A key.

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
Jaded Wrath

Postby Jaded Wrath » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:24 am

ThePersonFromSteam wrote:Question Whats the Key To De-crypt It, Because "MEGA" Requires A key.

^ this
Marinealver

Postby Marinealver » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:39 am

It could be neat as an alternate boss. Mod the game to say an Engi fleet chasing you and this as the boss ship at the last stand. Although it would be hard to make up fluff. Revenge of the Engie, The Engie attack the Mantis Homeworld. Engie_carrier sounds like a good boss tag

If I were to make FTL Rivalries we have.
Reb vs Fed
Mantis vs Engie
Rock vs Zoltan

Slug Crystal Lanius are the neutral factions. They generally like and dislike each other equally.
Warp Drive or Hyperspace?
bfhaller

Postby bfhaller » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 pm

When trying to download it is asking for a key? May I have this key?

Thanks for all your hard work and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

BH
Krogers

Postby Krogers » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Can I have the key for mega please ?