Previews from the impatient

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: Previews from the impatient

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:04 am

stylesrj wrote:Maybe instead of fighting the Flagship Construction, you fight the Vintage Flagship who is guarding the Flagship Construction.
Because while they're making the new ones, the old Flagship designs are guarding them?
It could be a 50/50 thing... You fight the Flagship Construction sometimes or it could go "As you approach the shipyard, a massive ship appears on the space horizon! It's an old Rebel Flagship having been regulated to guard duty."
Then after you blow it up, it's like "Upon blowing up the ship, you proceed to looting the shipyards of supplies. You find a Federation Cruiser there, blah blah blah, fleet delay and a weapon"

I like that idea...

Btw... I might make a minor overhaul mod... by minor it's just changing out one of the factions sorta...

basically I want to equalize the fight... the "Stealth Cruiser" is in a way the 'future' Federation Cruiser... it is commissioned by the Federation to be used as a Federation ship- the Engi may have built it but they are also part of the federation (current timeline: the 2nd major race and contributor to the Federation)... so basically what a mod I am doing is that I will replace the Federation bomber and scout to be stealth 'interceptor' and a stealth bomber. Not to sure what to do with the Kestrel however... or the federation cruiser. However I've got ideas already for the fleet ships in the background. It's just shifting the entire game a little...
I will also do a mod that does the opposite- make humans only use autocannons (from my go ballistic mod) and force all rebels into their vintage forms.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Every Rebel ship being vintage? That'd be a good overhaul as well. And maybe if you add a time travel event, you might encounter the more modern versions we know about.
Hell the Flagship Construction could remain the same as the Vanilla one while you face the Vintage Flagship in the Last Stand... you caught the Rebels just as they were building a newer ship.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:52 am

stylesrj wrote:Every Rebel ship being vintage? That'd be a good overhaul as well. And maybe if you add a time travel event, you might encounter the more modern versions we know about.
Hell the Flagship Construction could remain the same as the Vanilla one while you face the Vintage Flagship in the Last Stand... you caught the Rebels just as they were building a newer ship.

That can make sense actually....

With the vintage rebel flagship as the end boss... with a 'future' Rebel flagship under construction being the real deadly thing soon to come... and in the (former crystal sector) "future" time slip sector where all the rebels have lasers instead of autocannons and using the modern designs... you may have a text event involving the flagship but not actually fighting it in it's full state (as sit's hard to balance, if future flagship is better then vintage, then the vintage boss fight is too easy/ future is to hard, if future is to easy then it doesn't make sense how if that one easy if it's meant to be better... that and I can't fit the flagship in a normal UI).
You might fight instead a rebel cruiser ship instead as the final boss before getting back I want to have a very cool quest event on this time slip... basically- you bump into the future-self... the Kestrel Cruiser making it's way to the last stand. (maybe the Kestrel Cruiser has a special augment that allows unique blue event dialogue options... perhaps an augment that is pretty useless in the vanilla game so at least it does something on the way....
FTL Jammer?... Adv. FTL Navigation?...
Basically confusion occurs that you both ID as the same ship and stuff and you get the information to send it back to your time and tell the Federation Command to send a cruiser to warm the fleet at what will soon to be known as the last stand...
Without the blue event due to augment you may have a interesting conversation, maybe the captains of the (future?) kestrel asks for supplies to help aid the final battle by flashing his priority stuff, etc.... maybe this is followed up by a quest event to go check the aftermath of the final battle- if he wins you get the equivalent of envoy but human for your crew and some future tech (maybe this whole sector is the only way to get AE stuff? ie Mind Control, hacking, flak, etc... which will not be available in the normal sectors)... or you fight the stage 3 of the final boss in a weakened state being shocked that he just destroyed you and another one just popped up...

The only problem is replacing some ships.... for player ships:

Crystal needs to go, Federation Cruiser needs to go, Stealth cruiser needs to go, Lanius cruiser needs to go...
Kestrel, Zoltan, Engi, Rock, Mantis, and Slug can stay.
We can throw in the Rebel Cruiser as one of the ships and up to 2 Federation cruisers from the fleet backgrounds as well. However even with this: that's 3 of the 4 ship criterias...

Opinions?.... Maybe getting the Federation Cruiser (the one that is normally in game) if you complete the whole time travel quest? (the replacement for the crystal cruiser)

Also how easy is it to modify the ship unlock quests/ switch the criteria and stuff btw?...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm

No idea on how to modify ship unlock quests. I presume it's the same as modifying a regular quest but changing the reward?

As for the ships you said that need to go... maybe they should be replaced with captured Vintage Rebel ships. A Vintage Cruiser in Federation colours?
Hell didn't you or someone else earlier make an older version of the Osprey? Like the one in the background?

So let's see...

Federation - Make it Vintage. Maybe a ballistic artillery that pierces all shields.
Stealth - Again, see if it can't be made Vintage. More boxy, less sleek design? Or replace it with a Rebel Cruiser.
Lanius - Honestly, I say keep it in. The Lanius transcend time and space. Or replace it with a Rebel Cruiser. Type A could be Federation colours, Type B is Rebel.
Crystal - Same here. The Crystals can still arrive and then hide again. Would explain why they're around in CE :P

Maybe Abandoned Sectors could be replaced with "Crystal Sectors" and that's why it's hard to find the Crystals these days. Either that or make them the Time Anomaly Sector while leaving the Crystal Homeworlds alone.
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:54 am

Pew Pew! The Karlings have a fully functioning type B!
ImageImageImage
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Some weapons coming in for the 1.3 update for GO BALLISTIC! weapons pack I made.

You see two Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles (basically sniper shot guns... fun right?) and an Anti Personnel Gauss Rifle (high breach, pens 3 shields, medium-ish low damage to crew.
I will add more AP Gauss later on, maybe a very high powered one with 4 power, full shield pen, high breach, but not exactly one shot kill still.

There is still more weapons to come in this update and any form of help with the animations coding is appreciated and bug squashing.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CAKE

Postby CAKE » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:49 am

R4V3-0N wrote:basically sniper shot guns...

If you want to ask/tell me something and get a timely response, read this paste: https://pastebin.com/LXcq186T

Mod hub for some of my old mods (which will not be supported anymore) here

A Guide On How To Combine 2 Ships Into 1 File
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:48 am

CAKE wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:basically sniper shot guns...

The sci-fi universe is such a magical place.
(forgot the specific usage of uber ranged shot guns, but the principle is similar to a flak shot, many pallets fly by, at least some are bound to hit)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 pm

Found this old ship in my folders. Might use parts of it for a mod.
ImageImageImage
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:54 am

I'm very slowly working on a mod in my spared spare time that replaces Ghosts with a species called Trogis. A blend of an Engi and a Lanius. The animation movements are slowly coming along (I know about how Ghosts are transparent, I'm going to give them a TON of layers).
Two of them, together with a Lanius, will fly a ship called the 0o2-ZSC, (Zero Oxygen Zoltan Stealth Cruiser) equipped with a Zoltan Shield and two no-power Shield Drones; I'm going to use the SAD drone art that CE never put in their mod.
ImageImage
The ship will have a beam weapon with a length of two 2x1 rooms put in a line, and it does two system damage upon impact with a breach chance that chains up over time, along with 1-shield piercing. I still need to make the art for the beam... Think this combination of no oxygen, a breach beam and a Zoltan Shield with two no-power Shield drones is a little too powerful to start out with? The Zoltan Shield equipment is your shield system for the entire game play. :twisted:
Humans will only be on the playable ships; they will be taken out of the FTL universe due to them having the Trogis skin. I don't think people will care, because no one buys humans at stores that I'm aware of.

Behold, the 0o2ZSC!
I blended the Engi Type A and B colors together to get this! I think it's pretty cool.
This is my first mod idea, so if you see anything that makes no sense whatsoever please tell me. I want this ship to be as balanced and as unique as possible.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.