[SHIP][v 1.2] The Leone (Type B added)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jimli_

[SHIP][v 1.2] The Leone (Type B added)

Postby Jimli_ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:25 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Link (v 1.2)(Mediafire)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Type B

Download Link (v 1.0)(Mediafire)

Note : Do NOT use the type B and type A at the same time. Due to the blueprints in each mod, there is conflicting info and it will be unbalanced for both ships. It may also cause the game to crash.
-
-

The Leone is a Corsair Class ship, owned and used by Karling Inc.

Karling Inc. functions primarily as a Mercenary company, though also specializes in ship-building and trade. Currently under contract with the Federation, they have dispatched the Leone on request of high-ranking officials.

The Ship is quick and fitted for short boarding engagements, although it lacks any strong firepower and relies on light bomb weaponry to support its crew. Having been built with the intention to avoid combat and deliver messages quickly, it lacks in medical systems. In order to compensate for this a reconstructive teleporter has been installed as a substitute for a medbay.

Type B

The Boxer is a refitted version of the the Leone, and is now equipped with proper firepower rather than light boarding setup.

It has been redesigned to allow for a wider variety of systems, including a medbay. While it is not present at the start, if you should chance upon one you may install it for the regular price.

The two main guns of the ship are specialized for disabling ships and neutralizing enemy crew. They can pierce through two shields and have a high chance of breaching, as well as dealing 1 point of system damage. Due to the tuning required to allow shield piercing, the lasers have lost their explosive properties and therefore do no regular damage. Destroying enemy life support is much easier with these lasers.

----

Gameplay

This ship replaces the Kestrel

Due to a limited number of rooms, it is lacking in many systems. Only Cloaking and Hacking are available in shops.

In order to avoid having the player accidentally waste money on systems they can't buy, any systems unavailable to you will either not cost any money, or in the case of drone control will either be $0 or $-10.

Due to systems not costing anything, it is recommended that you avoid playing other ships when using this mod, seeing as it will make the game significantly easier.

Type B

This ship replaces the Red-Tail.

The ship now features more systems than it's predecessor, with only sensors, batteries, and drone control not available for purchase. Lack of sensors is accounted for by the life form scanner augment.

The easiest strategy to use with this ship is to take out enemy oxygen and medbay/clonebay. It is very tough to play otherwise.

Unavailable systems still cost $0 dollars and will do nothing if purchased.

Again, it is recommended that you avoid playing other ships with this mod installed.

----

Credit to the High Res shields mod, that's the image I used for the shield.

----

Change Log

Version 1.2:

Added the type B variant, the boxer.

Fixed several graphical errors for the hull and room images.

Added a new miniship for the Leone.

Version 1.1:

Changed the amount of scrap you receive for buying drone control to -25. In game this will make it sell for either $0 or $-10.

Changed amount of scrap you received for buying all other unavailable systems to $0.

----

So I finally got this ship out. Its not all too interesting, though it can be a neat challenge if you don't get lucky with crew in the first few sectors. It's fairly balanced for an FTL ship, and I managed to make it to the last stage of the final boss in normal on my third run before getting annihilated, so it should definitely be possible in easy and probably doable in Normal with a bit of luck.

Anyways, hope you have fun!
Last edited by Jimli_ on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] The Leone

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:53 pm

Hmm, a Scrap compensation instead of wasting money buying a system. Never thought about that idea. Or even putting it to 0 on purchase.

Definitely will have to give this one a spin. I like myself a good boarding ship
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:24 pm

A fun ship. Here are some pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/vAsmE

The run went really well. The fires and being boarded wasn't that much of an issue, though I suppose it could have gotten pretty bad. The reconstructive tp makes for a pretty good healing solution. I found a heal bomb somewhere towards the end, in the abandoned sector 6 or 7, you can see me doing some acrobatics to heal the whole crew with a single missile there.

The one bad thing about this is probably that it's a pretty linear ship (many gimmicky (in a good way) ships are, unfortunately), with the same systems and general strategy. The bomb is capable, but I sold it to buy the second BL II, which made things very smooth, as one might expect. Was really just fooling around towards the end fight, messing around and taking some damage instead of shooting them down, and I lost my mantis crew to trying to save time and starting to cut with the halberd right before my tp reloaded. Just 'this has gotten so easy I have to mess something up' stuff, you know. Had to kill off the killers, there's no place for them in the peaceful post-rebellion universe.

Oh, almost forgot, very much like the look. Has this high-tech look to it, but still completely fits with the FTL style. You've got greebles, too. Looks really, really amazing.
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:09 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'm assuming you're the same guy from Reddit then?

I'm not really sure how I could've avoided making it linear like you said, mainly because I had so few rooms to work with. I kind of made the hull before designing the ship, and if I just crammed it full of rooms then I wouldn't be able to add interesting greebles.

Would you say that the scrap you get from unavailable systems was too much? On my runs I didn't encounter many shops so that might have been why I didn't notice the problem. Its a pretty easy value to alter, so I could just bump it down to 0 scrap in a few minutes.
ImageImageImage
Brad33455

Postby Brad33455 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:10 am

What do you use to make the hull? Photoshop? Looks fantastic by the way.
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:17 am

Brad33455 wrote:What do you use to make the hull? Photoshop? Looks fantastic by the way.

Thanks, just gimp. I made it harder on myself than I had too though, because when I initially started the ship I was only using one layer for my work so I had to finish it that way.
ImageImageImage
Brad33455

Postby Brad33455 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:19 am

Jimli_ wrote:
Brad33455 wrote:What do you use to make the hull? Photoshop? Looks fantastic by the way.

Thanks, just gimp. I made it harder on myself than I had too though, because when I initially started the ship I was only using one layer for my work so I had to finish it that way.

Thank you very much.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:31 am

Jimli_ wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'm assuming you're the same guy from Reddit then?

I'm not really sure how I could've avoided making it linear like you said, mainly because I had so few rooms to work with. I kind of made the hull before designing the ship, and if I just crammed it full of rooms then I wouldn't be able to add interesting greebles.

Would you say that the scrap you get from unavailable systems was too much? On my runs I didn't encounter many shops so that might have been why I didn't notice the problem. Its a pretty easy value to alter, so I could just bump it down to 0 scrap in a few minutes.

Yes, that's me. There's nothing really to be done about linearity, it's not that bad but it's pretty common in ships meant for a very specific playstyle. If there were any tricks that could let you choose which systems you got, that would be nice, but I don't think there are any, at least not without outside-of-store trading events for them.

And yeah, I think it ended up too much. Though the system cap make it much less impressive, I did end up maxing out the systems, and even buying some augments, weapons.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:58 am

Well I did two runs with the ship. Both ended the same way. Boarders. Bloody boarders.

Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:35 pm

Small update for the mod to make it a bit more balanced, thanks for the feedback meklozz.

Thanks for playing my ship, stylesrj
ImageImageImage