[SHIP] SR-71 "Blackbird"

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Brad33455

[SHIP] SR-71 "Blackbird"

Postby Brad33455 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:07 pm

This is only my 2nd mod for FTL.

The iconic stealth reconnaissance vehicle relies on stealth cloaking over shields to fight the enemy ships.

DOWNLOAD UDATED VERSION : https://www.mediafire.com/?0rmsrkvkcfr8g3c

Here are some images :

I hope you enjoy :)
Last edited by Brad33455 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] SR-71 "Blackbird"

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:58 pm

For a ship with no shields, you're giving it a Repair Arm?
I dunno, it sounds good in theory but some people look at the Repair Arm as a curse and sell it immediately even at the start when it might be useful for a ship with no shields...

Or is it just me who does that because I'd rather get all the Scrap even if it's just 1 or 2.

Also, Rock Plating? Either that gets sold immediately (along with the repair arm) to purchase shields or it allows piracy in Captain's Edition. So keep that in mind.
You're essentially flying the Nesasio except you don't have long range scanners (very important to avoid asteroid fields) AND you pretty much start with a lot of cash.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:07 pm

Sorry man, I have found some bugs here too...

Missing description and name:

Rooms and doors are messy:

(clone bay)

too many drones...

To summarize: you should change where you placed some doors; add name & description in the List page and reduce (meh) the number of drones OR the number of weapons: having all systems, 4 weapons and 3 drones is too much to be correctly displayed (for me at least, I used 1366x768 resolution). :|
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Brad33455

Postby Brad33455 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:08 pm

stylesrj wrote:For a ship with no shields, you're giving it a Repair Arm?
I dunno, it sounds good in theory but some people look at the Repair Arm as a curse and sell it immediately even at the start when it might be useful for a ship with no shields...

Or is it just me who does that because I'd rather get all the Scrap even if it's just 1 or 2.

Also, Rock Plating? Either that gets sold immediately (along with the repair arm) to purchase shields or it allows piracy in Captain's Edition. So keep that in mind.
You're essentially flying the Nesasio except you don't have long range scanners (very important to avoid asteroid fields) AND you pretty much start with a lot of cash.

What augment do you recommend?? Im not that experienced with FTL so some suggestions would be greatly appreciated
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

I'd say have it start with just Long Range Scanners. That makes it start with less than the Nesasio but eh, it's better than Rock Plating and Repair Arm.

Also, judging by the pictures, the room images overlap with doors. Some people might be pedantic about that and I'm fallen guilty of pointing that out a lot only because others point it out.
You should look into making custom interior images so consoles are not overlapping with doors or bits and pieces sticking out. The Engine Room could be moved to the back or maybe a row down so it looks part of the jet engines (but that might involve a bit too much change)
Brad33455

Postby Brad33455 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:21 pm

Auron1 wrote:Sorry man, I have found some bugs here too...

To summarize: you should change where you placed some doors; add name & description in the List page and reduce (meh) the number of drones OR the number of weapons: having all systems, 4 weapons and 3 drones is too much to be correctly displayed (for me at least, I used 1366x768 resolution). :|

I have hopefully fixed these issuses and added a new download link. I dont know if the chequerboard graphical error has been fixed as when i tested my first version i dint encounter them, nor with the updated version. :)
|
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:14 am

Ehm... something went wrong here:

I tried using both your MODs, the SR-71 and the F-117, but it seems they don't work together.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:21 am

The bugged rooms are still there somehow:

(bugged doors for the clone-room)

:?:
Brad33455

Postby Brad33455 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Auron1 wrote:Ehm... something went wrong here:

I tried using both your MODs, the SR-71 and the F-117, but it seems they don't work together.

This should now be fixed, but as for the graphical error i have no idea as i have never encountered this, only once when i forgot to put interior images to the rooms.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:42 pm

Well, why don't you try making a custom ships pack?
Something like
  • F-22A → Kestrel A
  • F-117A → Engi A
  • T-50 → Federation Cruiser A
  • SR-71 → Stealth Cruiser A
and so on... :roll:

As for the yellow/black squares, you should ask arond or see if there is a guide of any sort. :|