Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
jrb00001

Re: Possible Glitches

Postby jrb00001 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:28 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Except that if you sell a ship that still has scrap in it's cargo - you will only get a portion of that scrap back.

I think you should get everything back because the trader doesn't loose more time than he would if didn't have any scrap on it.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:10 pm

Bishop wrote:I'm going to play the game again to try to replicate the same situation just to verify.

If you manage to do that again please pack the whole server folder and send it to me.
Bishop

Postby Bishop » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:37 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:If you manage to do that again please pack the whole server folder and send it to me.

The forum won't let me send it to you directly as I've just joined. Send me a link to where you won't me to send the folder.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Bishop wrote:The forum won't let me send it to you directly as I've just joined. Send me a link to where you won't me to send the folder.

Just upload it to somewhere and give me the link.

But did you get the same thing again?
Bishop

Postby Bishop » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:26 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Bishop wrote:The forum won't let me send it to you directly as I've just joined. Send me a link to where you won't me to send the folder.

Just upload it to somewhere and give me the link.

But did you get the same thing again?

OK, I have know idea what is going on here. I am playing on my own server and I have two accounts. (one ship to store my scrap and the other to battle/salvage)
I've started the game this morning and both my ships (that were both parked at the singularity space station) have been destroyed!

There is no one else on this server but me.

and yes, It happened again. This time I was selling some cargo and the amount I received overwrit the amount I already had.

Is this just the harsh learning curve of the game or is this some sort of glitch?

Here's the link to the server file.
http://www.filedropper.com/server_14
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Bishop wrote:OK, I have know idea what is going on here. I am playing on my own server and I have two accounts. (one ship to store my scrap and the other to battle/salvage)
I've started the game this morning and both my ships (that were both parked at the singularity space station) have been destroyed!

Did you leave the server running overnight?

Bishop wrote:There is no one else on this server but me.

There is.
The Rogue AI.
It is sendin an attack force to the starting sector to attack singularity every several hours or so.

Bishop wrote:and yes, It happened again. This time I was selling some cargo and the amount I received overwrit the amount I already had.
Is this just the harsh learning curve of the game or is this some sort of glitch?

This is really strange, I've double checked and there is no money overriding when you sell your ship or anything else.
In any case in the next version you will no longer need to have the money on you(the player) when you buy stuff.
Except when you want to buy a ship.

P.S.
Updated the TODO list.
Bishop

Postby Bishop » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:36 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:Did you leave the server running overnight?

There is.
The Rogue AI.
It is sendin an attack force to the starting sector to attack singularity every several hours or so.

Ahh, I did not know that. sorry, my bad. (Wow, This game is so unforgiving on so many levels.)

kcd.Spektor wrote:This is really strange, I've double checked and there is no money overriding when you sell your ship or anything else.
In any case in the next version you will no longer need to have the money on you(the player) when you buy stuff.
Except when you want to buy a ship.

P.S.
Updated the TODO list.

ok, thanks for your help.
I'll try to make a screen recording if it happens again.
kcd.Spektor

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi all! :)
Here's the latest update.

Version a06 is out.
IMPORTANT: a06 only contains events for a tutorial. Nothing more.
For the a06 I've added lots of new mechanics, AIs and other event related stuff.
And right now I'm workin on a full playable coop scenario.
So if you want to play an open wolrd MMO style game, like it was for the previous versions,
you should either stick to the version that JRB's server is working on, or wait for the later version that will have this kind of events.
OR you can take the latest version of the game and make your own events and everything else for an MMO server.

In any case - your feed back on the tutorial would be appreciated.

Change log:
1. Added NPCs
2. Evasion % is now visible in the engines system screen
3. Added full screen support - changed in settings menu
4. Reduced local and hyper jump time
5. Decreased O2 replenishment time for players
6. When any ship enteres sector, all ships in that sector(including the entered one) now loose stored energy in weapons
7. HyperSpace time limit set to 30 sec
8. Tutorial (Note - tutorial ends when you can leave the starting sector)
9. NPC_TALKER (sends messages to chat)
10. NPC_REPAIRMAN AI (repairs systems and breaches)
11. NPC_FIREMAN AI (puts out fires)
12. NPC_LIFESUPPORT AI (Makes NPC go to med bay when low on health and to O2 room when low on oxygen)
13. NPC_WORKER AI (Makes NPC go to system rooms and look as if he's working there)
14. Player <-> NPC dialogue mechanic. Click on an NPC to start dialogue.
15. NPCs that can talk have an icon above them.
16. To talk with npcs you need to be in the same room with them, in 1 cell range.
17. Comms page added to piloting system screen. From there you can remotely access shops and talk to NPCs(if they have a remote dialogue configured)
18. Added Chained events mechanic (events when triggered, trigger other events)
19. Added Events trigered by dialogue mechanic (Events that happen when you talk to NPCs)
20. Added Sector conditions mechanic (used in events and dialogue reply options)
21. Added Ship conditions mechanic (used in events and dialogue reply options)
22. Added Mob(NPC/Player) conditions mechanic (used in events and dialogue reply options)
23. Server variable condition mechanic (used in events and dialogue reply options)
24. Added Level affecting events mechanic
25. Added Ship affecting events mechanic
26. Added Mob(NPC/Player) affecting events mechanic
27. Added "Set server variable" event mechanic
28. Refactored event loading algorithm
29. Made engines and HyperDrive charge faster when ship is out of combat
30. Remade example.xml2 for events (Event file that contains all possible commands)
31. Created example.xml2 for dialogues (Dialogue file that contains all possible commands)

Who is interested in making own events and scenarios - check out the example.xml2 files.
Also a bit later I will make the model.xml2 files for events and dialogues that will contain details on new event and dialogue mechanic possibilities.
And don't forget to check out the config.cfg file in the server folder. It has new server parameters that you can tweak.

If you have any questions to hesitate to ask.
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:32 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:6. When any ship enteres sector, all ships in that sector(including the entered one) now loose stored energy in weapons

NOOOOOOO. Why? How do you explain that in the story?
kcd.Spektor wrote:7. HyperSpace time limit set to 30 sec

Configurable?
kcd.Spektor wrote:29. Made engines and HyperDrive charge faster when ship is out of combat

Good idea for the gameplay, but doesn't make any sense for the story. I think it is better to increase the HD energy usage: "no energy used for weapons = more energy for HD". And please remove that hard cap on charge speed or make it configurable. As engines are not that useful outside of combat, you could do the same as with the HD.
kcd.Spektor wrote:If you have any questions to hesitate to ask.

Is a server wipe needed?
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:37 pm

jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:6. When any ship enteres sector, all ships in that sector(including the entered one) now loose stored energy in weapons

NOOOOOOO. Why? How do you explain that in the story?

It's now just like in FTL, when you enter sector, weapons are uncharged.(unless you have a precharger).
Also it's in the server config.

jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:7. HyperSpace time limit set to 30 sec

Configurable?

yes

jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:29. Made engines and HyperDrive charge faster when ship is out of combat

Good idea for the gameplay, but doesn't make any sense for the story. I think it is better to increase the HD energy usage: "no energy used for weapons = more energy for HD".

Also like in FTL now.
When you're out of combat - you no longer need to just wait for 40 seconds to jump to another sector.
And when you need to collect some scrap scattered over a sector - now you do it 10 times faster. Without iddle-waiting.

jrb00001 wrote:And please remove that hard cap on charge speed or make it configurable. As engines are not that useful outside of combat, you could do the same as with the HD.

Maybe some time in the future. Right now it is actually a cap of 15 because of the GUI.
Current GUI can't support unlimited max charge rate.

jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:If you have any questions to hesitate to ask.

Is a server wipe needed?

New version has events only for a 1 time tutorial.
Old event files are not compatible.
Like I said in the previous post. If you want to keep an MMO server - you'll need to make your own events, or wait till I release an update with an MMO scenario(not too soon), OR just keep the old version.