[WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
GianTell

[WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby GianTell » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Hello~ this is my first try on making new weapons! Will be updated randomly when I have the time.
Hopefully everyone have fun trying! :D

Rose Petals

A re-designed Voulge Beam.
It has been modified into a flak weaponry by converting the charged beam energy into dense particles capable of dealing huge damage to ship hulls.
4 power, 20 cooldown, 1 damage, 10 projectiles, 75 radius.

Snow Storm

A pure-from-scratch flak ion weapon.
It's a modified Ion weapon which converts the collected ion into numerous ion crystals, showering on your enemy ship and causing lockdowns on impact.
4 power, 20 cooldown, 1 ion damage, 8 projectiles, 75 radius.
(because of the muzzle effect, the weapon icon will be slightly left-aligned in the menu screen)

Blaze Blast

A re-designed Anti-Personnel Laser.
Its muzzle has been replaced by a much larger one, rendering it less accurate. Instead of firing lasers, it fires several shield-piercing heat bullets.
3 power, 15 cooldown, 8 projectiles, 45 personnel damage, 75 radius, 7 stun, 20% fire, 20% breach, 4(3) shield piercing.

Sonic Boom

A sound generator which capable of sending a sonic boom in the pin-pointed room, causing hull breaches and effectively kills crews.
3 power, 20 cooldown, 15 stun, 70% breach, pierce 1 shield, 105 personnel damage.

Autumn Blue

A modified burst laser in which ion is added.
3 power, 15 cooldown, 1 damage, 1 ion.

Trifecta Crown

A heavily-modified laser weapon in which it's focused on creating fire, breach and stun on each shot with 3-colored lasers.
3 power, 12 cooldown, 80% fire, 80% breach, 12 stun.

Exploda

A unique bomb teleporter which designed to mold 4 bombs into one giant bomb which deals damage to hull and severely break any system near when it's exploded.
3 power, 21 cooldown, 15 stun, 3 damage, 3 system damage.

Overcharger

A big ion weapon which fired off a concentrated over-charged ion projectile, causing high ion damage and medium chance to ignite fire.
3 power, 18 cooldown, 8 stun, 5 ion.
(was planned to replace Heavy Ion II's weapon art)

M.A.D

Magnetic Anomaly Driver or shortly called M.A.D, a railgun which deliver a highly-concentrated energy using magnet as propeller to deliver the projectile in alarming rate of speed, piercing some shields and causing hull damage.
3 power, 3 damage, 3 shield pierce, 18 cooldown, 30% breach.

ASM

A military-grade missile launcher which sends a missile packed with radar-jammer and high-boost engine, specifically made to devastate enemy ship.
3 power, 20 cooldown, 4 damage.
[Side-note: due to fixed duration for firing animation, it will be much faster in-game]

Beehive

A military-grade missile launcher which sends a swarm of small missiles, crippling the system residing in the room it hits, but it deals less damage to the hull.
3 power, 20 cooldown, 2 damage, 2 system damage.

Sonic Blast

A sound generator which capable of sending a sonic boom in a huge radius, causing hull breaches and effectively kills crews.
4 power, 25 cooldown, 1 system damage, 30% breach, 30 projectiles, 250 radius, 45 personnel damage.

Thunder Roar

A prototype of weaponry in which it uses electricity to phase Shield system and fries any system residing in the room it hits.
3 power, 18 cooldown, 2 system damage, 1 ion, 50% fire, pierce all shields.

Download link
Modded Stealth B for testing the weapons~

>> Updated 1 (balancing)
>> Updated 2 (provided a ship mod with the armaments ready for testing them out)
>> Updated 3 (added Sonic Boom to the download link and the ship mod)
>> Updated 4 (replaced Blaze Blast with Autumn Blue to the ship mod and added to download link)
>> Updated 5 (replaced Snow Storm with Trifecta Crown to the ship mod and added to download link)
>> Updated 6 (replaced Rose Petals with Exploda to the ship mod and added to download link)
>> Updated 7 (replaced Autumn Blue with Overcharger to the ship mod and added to download link) + (changed Autumn Blue into burst laser type instead of charger)
>> Updated 8 (replaced Chaos Laser with M.A.D to the ship mod and added to download link)
>> Updated 9 (re-designed Rose Petals and Blaze Blast)
>> Updated 10 (changed Sonic Boom to flak-type from bomb)
>> Updated 11 (replaced Exploda with ASM to the ship mod and added to download link)
>> Updated 12 (replaced Sonic Boom with Beehive to the ship mod and added to download link)
>> Updated 13 (replaced Overcharger with Sonic Blast to the ship mod and added to download link) + (changed Sonic Boom to Laser type and nerfed down)
>> Updated 14 (now you can just select the Stealth B and re-select it if you didn't get the armament you want :D)
>> Updated 15 (added Thunder Roar to the download link and weapon list)
Last edited by GianTell on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:19 am, edited 25 times in total.
elijahdb

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] Shotgun Armament

Postby elijahdb » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:30 pm

Dang, man, those weapon graphics look awesome! I do have to say though, they are extremely OP. I would suggest removing a third of the amount of projectiles that come out of the Snow Storm and the Rose Petals, or at least getting rid of a fourth of them. I would also up the power usage on all of the weapons to 4 instead of 3.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:32 pm

elijahdb wrote:Dang, man, those weapon graphics look awesome! I do have to say though, they are extremely OP. I would suggest removing a third of the amount of projectiles that come out of the Snow Storm and the Rose Petals, or at least getting rid of a fourth of them. I would also up the power usage on all of the weapons to 4 instead of 3.

Thank you~ <3
And I thought so too... the Rose Petals was originally used to replace Stealth B's beam, with same 4 power and 25 cooldown.
I would rather up it's power and cooldown only tho, since with Glaive, you can still get at the very least 8 damage with 1 shield (with 100% accuracy even), so 10 projectiles each deal 1 damage I think is fair ;) (not to mention the radius is quite big, which reduce the damage consistency even more)

As for Snow Storm, I agree. The fact that it's flak (and I tried it) will immediately deal 8 system damage AND 8 ion damage to shield most of the time, even if the enemy only has 1 shield bubble.
Probably will remove the system damage, reduce the projectiles to 8, 4 power and 25 cooldown. (large radius still should render ionizing shield rather difficult)

Thanks for the advice! x)
Offlithium

Postby Offlithium » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:03 pm

elijahdb wrote:Dang, man, those weapon graphics look awesome! I do have to say though, they are extremely OP. I would suggest removing a third of the amount of projectiles that come out of the Snow Storm and the Rose Petals, or at least getting rid of a fourth of them. I would also up the power usage on all of the weapons to 4 instead of 3.

keep in mind the chance of finding one of these if there is only 3 is almost nil.
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Offlithium wrote:

keep in mind the chance of finding one of these if there is only 3 is almost nil.

There you go~ ;)
Modded Stealth B with the armaments ready to test it.
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:35 pm

Added "Sonic Boom".
Added "Autumn Blue".
Added "Trifecta Crown".
Last edited by GianTell on Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
GianTell

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby GianTell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:01 pm

Added "Exploda".
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:15 am

I really like the graphics of the Sonic Boom and the Exploda! I think all the weapon mods I've seen are forward-facing guns (that is, they fire projectiles forward, have a barrel or laser bit pointing forward, etc); so the radial design of the Sonic Boom is very interesting in that there's no "shooty barrel bit that points forward", it goes off all around. And the Exploda has some delicious detail work! Very nice.
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:13 am

NarnKar wrote:I really like the graphics of the Sonic Boom and the Exploda! I think all the weapon mods I've seen are forward-facing guns (that is, they fire projectiles forward, have a barrel or laser bit pointing forward, etc); so the radial design of the Sonic Boom is very interesting in that there's no "shooty barrel bit that points forward", it goes off all around. And the Exploda has some delicious detail work! Very nice.

Thank youu~~
I do try to make them as unique as I can xD
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Added "Overcharger".