The Love Machine(Engi Type A)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
killer11drew

The Love Machine(Engi Type A)

Postby killer11drew » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:11 am

Disclaimer: This is my first ship mod, (Or mod of any kind) and it shows. I would like feedback about it. Also, I would like to thank 5thHorseman for his .zip file full of ship interior images.
Ship Story:
The Love Machine was originally a ship rented from Slug Love Inc. Its original design was to ferry couples around the universe as a lovers retreat. This specific model was rented out by a poly-amorous crew as a means to celebrate their union. However when the one month rental period was up, the crew decided they would commandeer the vessel of love. Slug Love Inc. did what they could to retrieve the ship, but thanks to the ingenuity of her crew the ship was quickly turned into a viable threat. Slug Love Inc. finally decided to give up the chase and to leave The Love Machine to its quest of spreading love across the galaxy. She was armed and fitted with some of the latest technology available to the lovers. A repair arm was fitted to craft as the crew was prone to very.... passionate displays amongst themselves. The vessel sports an advanced flak gun the crew uses to drop enemy shields. Once their shields are down, the anti-bio beam then devastates enemy crew without damaging their new... temporary love den, if you catch my drift. The crew believes ships deserve love too.... It is due to this that the need for advanced shields became very apparent. Due to its small size its hull is not all that thick. So to make up for that it uses its three thrusters to always be in the right place at the right time.
Download-
https://www.mediafire.com/?tvwdua3e3i8kqwj -v1.0
https://www.mediafire.com/?pnsi8529jujrfep -v1.1 (Floor layout altered slightly. Added two airlocks. Systems actually set up right and special thanks to stylesrj for some very helpful feedback.)
Last edited by killer11drew on Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Re: The Love Machine(Engi Type A)

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:21 am

Judging by that picture, you may want to adjust some of the room placement. It looks like the crew plays Angry Birds on the doors above Door Control and the pilot station should be moved a tile to the right.
Also, why is the Medbay only allowed to have 1-person? That doesn't sound very lovely for any couple :P

Lastly, Repair Arm in Sector 1?
I'm sure others might say it's useful then and useless later but to me, the Repair Arm is a liability and Vendor Trash. So keep that in mind as others might think the same way.
killer11drew

Postby killer11drew » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:26 am

Ill try adjusting the room placement as well as some of the systems because ive noticed the engine cant be manned.... Definitely rough around the edges xD (The repair arm is for the ships lore... Things get weird.)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:41 am

I'd also like to point out there's only one airlock.
There's designing a "lore-friendly" ship and then there's designing a ship that will get you killed.

Most irritating thing is having to face down 4+ boarders in a vital area and you're unable to vent them out because your crew is there as well.

I have to say though, I like the design. A nice cosy ship with the intent of wiping out crews. I take it you can't buy additional systems? What about a Clone Bay?
killer11drew

Postby killer11drew » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:03 am

The systems it comes equipped with are the ones it stays with. I dont have any idea how I would make it to where you can switch the systems, unless the clonebay auto replaces the medbay, I dont know. I learned from your Zoltan Flagship (Big fan xD) that you can stack systems. Thought about doing that, but didnt want to break it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:10 am

If you stack the Clone Bay with the Medbay, I think the Clone Bay takes over. But you should stack them and untick "available" for the Clone Bay so it starts with the medical facilities. And then you can buy the Clone Bay later on if needed.
Don't remove the station on the Clone Bay though. That's where the cloning tank image goes.

Yeah the Zoltan Flagship seems to be my best ship compared to all others.

I do recommend you create an extra room just for a potential cloaking device. So many runs have ended because you can't dodge the Flagship's BS Barrage/Death Blossom along with those missiles.
killer11drew

Postby killer11drew » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:18 am

Ill post an update soon enough. It seems the v1.1 download link was after I fixed the systems and room layout but before I added the airlocks. The update will add the airlocks as originally stated, as well as an extra double room to the left of the O2 room. The update after that will hopefully be a cloaking and thumbnail image, and then finally gibs.