NTL: No Time to Lose - A No Pause Environment Mod (v1.0)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: NTL: No Time to Lose - A No Pause Environment Mod (v1.0)

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:56 pm

It would also clash hard with the Vanilla Settings module for NTL, which makes everything about as default in settings as I'm willing to concede (and if you know my stance on things, that means I'll never un-nerf Hacking in pretty much anything I make). Some layouts already received additional buffs, simply due to the fact that the enemy ship will have about one second to start charging their weapons before the game will allow yours to do the same, most notably the StealthB and StealthC.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:07 am

Well, I just learned a no-pause run is definitely not my cup of tea...

Nice mod if you want to speed through the game.
Vids will be going up starting Thursday.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:05 pm

No Pause really is a challenge to perfect. I've been beginning to practice it in the last few runs of mine, and the biggest challenge so far has got to be successfully co-ordinating attacks involving an entire arsenal of weapons. That and learning your Hotkeys, especially those for Hacking, Cloaking and Mind Control.

The experimental build has been successful and has now resulted in a new alternate module, No Text to Learn. Maximum velocity is its intention, with absolutely no events in the whole mod displaying any text. Well, hopefully anyway.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:45 am

Well, I decided to jump into "No Time To Lose" with the Adjudicator after I won a no-pause run with the Bravais.
I was confident that if I could do a vanilla No-Pause Run, I could play it on NTL...

I was partially-right.

Can't remember what version I used. I just had a version sitting in my mods list which I used.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Nice to see the mod in action. I'm not sure which build was used here, but the current iteration has two forms: just the mod itself, and NTL with a unique module attached to it. The difference between the two is that on its own, the mod events still play out as closely to the actual FTL events as possible, including letting the player make choices. Whereas the other one with the extra addon has no choices or text at all, every event is instantaneous for maximum pace.