Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Manters

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Manters » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:07 pm

Anyway, Bear, I think that your ships should belong to the spider faction; or at least, one of them.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Manters wrote:Anyway, Bear, I think that your ships should belong to the spider faction; or at least, one of them.

What do you mean with one of them?
Manters

Postby Manters » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:40 am

The_Bear wrote:
Manters wrote:Anyway, Bear, I think that your ships should belong to the spider faction; or at least, one of them.

What do you mean with one of them?

There was plans, I remember, for two factions of the spiders; Those loyal to the old queen, and those loyal to the new usurper queen.
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:40 am

EmpressLexi wrote:Hey Spektor, do you have any kind of donations system open~?

If we did we could pay Ben Prunty (the guy who made the music for FTL) to make music for this game.
What does everyone think of this?
This is a bad signature. :|
Manters

Postby Manters » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Hak86 wrote:
EmpressLexi wrote:Hey Spektor, do you have any kind of donations system open~?

If we did we could pay Ben Prunty (the guy who made the music for FTL) to make music for this game.
What does everyone think of this?

I like this idea, although... I feel that Spektor would have to have the final say on it.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Me and jrb got some ideas for warp gates, but only one of them has actual warp gates.
1. The warp gates are big round stations with emty space in the middle that the ship can jump into, from inside it you jump faster and longer.

2. In this stations can use some sort of suntransmitters to instantly send your ship to another suntransmitter. (jrb idea)

3. In this you start at a ring world (giant space station going around a star(its bigger than a planet so it works like one)(you could also start at a ringworld in the other idea), but in this it is built around a special wormhole that can be used to go to some wormholes spread across the world (the rest can only go to 1 random wormhole). This way you would know that there are wormholes in the game that can be used to travel faster. Jrb also suggested that you could connect servers with a wormhole.
EmpressLexi

Postby EmpressLexi » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Everytime I check this thread and see more progress on the To do list, I almost(and sometimes do) scream "OH MY GOD YES THIS SOUNDS SO COOL HAVE MY BABIES"

In other news, I just ate a lot of pizza and now feel sick
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:31 pm

The_Bear wrote:2. In this stations can use some sort of suntransmitters to instantly send your ship to another suntransmitter. (jrb idea)

A suntransmitter has at least two suns and "teleports" every ship that flies through the middle of them to another suntransmitter. The destination can even be in another galaxy so they could be used as cross-server portals?

And we need a smaller map because it takes forever to get somewhere. It shouldn't be bigger than 200x200 and 100x100 might be better (still 10k sectors to explore!)
Offlithium

Postby Offlithium » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:03 pm

nobody on the server actually plays...
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Offlithium wrote:nobody on the server actually plays...

That's not true!
This is a bad signature. :|