Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
jrb00001

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby jrb00001 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:05 am

ninjakitty7 wrote:
jrb00001 wrote:
ninjakitty7 wrote:Hi, I found this through the FTL subreddit /r/ftlgame and decided to take a look. I have been able to start the client and connect to the alpha server, but I have been unable to start a server myself. I'm obviously a little unfamiliar with how this game functions. When I click the Tachyon Server executable, a teeny tiny window appears with nothing in it. Is the problem between the chair and the keyboard or is this an issue with the game and/or Windows XP? Picture: http://imgur.com/ofbQqdH

By the way, I am a huge fan of what you are doing here and will be following progress :D

That window allows you to shut down the server and does not have any other function.

Then how would I connect a few computers to the game?

Start the server on one computer, find out the ip address, start the client on all computers and connect to that address.
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:56 pm

We need two new ship classes:
  • SUPER_BATTLE_SHIP: 10 - 12 big rooms, 20 - 25 small rooms
  • ULTRA_BATTLE_SHIP: 17 - 20 big rooms, 35 - 40 small rooms
  • FLAGSHIP: 30 big rooms, 70 small rooms
And you need to fix the bug where a big layout crashes the server.

Naming proposal:
  • current cruiser --> new "light cruiser"
  • current battleship --> new "heavy cruiser"
  • SUPER_BATTLE_SHIP --> new "battlecruiser"
  • ULTRA_BATTLE_SHIP --> new "battleship"
  • FLAGSHIP --> new "flagship"
EmpressLexi

Postby EmpressLexi » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:06 pm

jrb00001 wrote:We need two new ship classes:
  • SUPER_BATTLE_SHIP: 10 - 12 big rooms, 20 - 25 small rooms
  • ULTRA_BATTLE_SHIP: 17 - 20 big rooms, 35 - 40 small rooms
  • FLAGSHIP: 30 big rooms, 70 small rooms
And you need to fix the bug where a big layout crashes the server.

Naming proposal:
  • current cruiser --> new "light cruiser"
  • current battleship --> new "heavy cruiser"
  • SUPER_BATTLE_SHIP --> new "battlecruiser"
  • ULTRA_BATTLE_SHIP --> new "battleship"
  • FLAGSHIP --> new "flagship"

I love this idea~
EmpressLexi

Postby EmpressLexi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:36 pm

Hey Spektor, do you have any kind of donations system open~?
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:46 pm

A few other ideas from Bear and me:
  • Storage system: adds additional storage space at the cost of rooms. It would make transporting / storing many systems easier.
  • Separate size and purpose classes: Size class (interceptor, light scout, cruiser, etc.), is determined by layout size, purpose class (trader, cargo, carrier, fighter) can be chosen freely and gives some bonus (less trading fees, more storage space, faster drones, faster recharge rate of weapons, etc.).
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:56 pm

I made a new cargo ship, but I think there is something wrong with it. What should I do to improve it?

Can the Bear ships still be used, I dont think they use any parts from FTL. If so, I think they should be another race.
Manters

Postby Manters » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 pm

The_Bear wrote:I made a new cargo ship, but I think there is something wrong with it. What should I do to improve it?

Can the Bear ships still be used, I dont think they use any parts from FTL. If so, I think they should be another race.

I think that it looks too sharp; I think a cargo ship should look more flat and bulky, as the spines along the sides are a waste of space.

On an unrelated note, has anyone heard anything from Specktor lately? Because I haven't, and I just wanted to see if we haven't migrated to some other place that I wasn't told about.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:26 pm

Manters wrote:
The_Bear wrote:I made a new cargo ship, but I think there is something wrong with it. What should I do to improve it?

I think that it looks too sharp; I think a cargo ship should look more flat and bulky, as the spines along the sides are a waste of space.

I though about that as well, but I though I would see what other people though. I dont want to remove them all since all BEAR ships have them but I can remove some. It does not need to be a cargo ship, its was just what I was going for when I created it.
On an unrelated note, has anyone heard anything from Specktor lately? Because I haven't, and I just wanted to see if we haven't migrated to some other place that I wasn't told about.

As far as I know we haven't.
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:16 am

Can I just say one thing,
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a bad signature. :|
EmpressLexi

Postby EmpressLexi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Spektor hasn't said anything but he is updating the to do list regularly which obviously means that he is working quite hard to develop the game when he can, but he does have a lot of other things to do that aren't to do with the game, so I wouldn't worry if he doesn't post on the thread that often~