[WARNING: REALLY OLD AND BAD, PLEASE DONT DOWNLOAD] The Eagle class Light Cruiser v1.1 [AE] [CE compatible]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Stormbringer

[WARNING: REALLY OLD AND BAD, PLEASE DONT DOWNLOAD] The Eagle class Light Cruiser v1.1 [AE] [CE compatible]

Postby Stormbringer » Thu May 19, 2016 8:04 am

Thanks a lot, solid boi, for necroing this...

this was one of my first ships (posted waaaay back in 2016!), and proportionally bad. the concepts are alright, I suppose, but there's door bugs and all sorts of crud I need to solve.

After my venture into the dimension of OP ships (The Crown of Thorns, link here: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29421), I decided to make a more... balanced ship, involving juggling power and responsibly using cloak. to the people's dissapointment, May I reveal...
THE EAGLE CLASS LIGHT STEALTH CRUISER!!!!!!

linxs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/39oo29apzw9ab ... r.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gmr68a8s4it9 ... e.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjlgjysgvmqpk ... e.png?dl=0

lore redacted cause it's all god-damned wrong.

[s]The Golden Eagle

The Eagle class Light Cruiser was designed in preparation for a last-ditch offensive during the Federation-Coalition war. When the federation invented Automated ships,they found it no longer necessary to use it and mothballed it after a few systems had been installed. It sat in the New Smithsonian Aerospace Mueseum, but it was borrowed *cough* definitely *cough* to assist the federation in their quest to defeat the rebels. It is well armed, with a Halberd beam and two Ion Blast mk.1s.
Unfortunately, since the cruiser was old, it was not equipped with new systems like hacking, mind control, teleports and shields, and instead relies on its improved engines and cloaking to doge shots.
It is also a Light cruiser, so it has only 25 health.

The Perigrine

This ship was surrendered in one of the rare rebel surrenders. it was handed over, but since rebel stealth strategies are different, it is designed to rely on its artillery.
it also has one weapon power because someone (GRR ADMIRAL TEREST I WILL KILL YOU FOR THIS) didn't want it to have good weapons for fear of defection to the federation
NERFED!!!!!!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Hirundo

After the ships were mothballed, one ship was not moved from its shipyard. That ship was found by pirates, and it was refurbished to be worthy of fighting the ships of the modern day.[/s]

Downloads

Type A:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cekyv ... /Eagle.ftl
Type B:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jea4f ... 282%29.ftl
Type C:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fd9ku ... irundo.ftl

Can someone please help me make a type B recolour i.e. rebel recolour of the Eagle?
hulls now have been edited and remade by bigjoe.
credit goes to him.
Also: before TheDX made an account, he gave me ideas for these ships, their combinations and their stats.

edits: Eagle nerfed: has no drones or asb artillery.
rooms and hulls fixed.
Last edited by Stormbringer on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 14 times in total.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
stylesrj

Re: The Eagle class Light Cruiser [AE] [CE compatible]

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Hmmm... might do a video run that points out the issues some time later :D
Or I might have so much fun I forget to do that :P
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Thu May 19, 2016 10:02 pm

It looks like you just cut the wings from stealth a, made them white, and stuck it on the kestrel :P
Try blending it in a bit, it sticks out ALOT.
But pretty cool.
in the general tab, make sure the boxes below the description is something like EagleClassA and EagleClassB Etc.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 19, 2016 10:19 pm

MikieRpg wrote:It looks like you just cut the wings from stealth a, made them white, and stuck it on the kestrel :P

Hey it could be worse:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26803
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Thu May 19, 2016 11:01 pm

stylesrj wrote:
MikieRpg wrote:It looks like you just cut the wings from stealth a, made them white, and stuck it on the kestrel :P

Hey it could be worse:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26803

Wait a min XD
They look almost exactly the same except this ones wings are Very awkward, facing forward and all, but sci-fi is like that.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu May 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Actually styles I like yours quite a bit, but never mind that--the sides of the wings of the OP's ship do need some improvement. The recoloring isn't necessarily the problem, but the fact that they don't connect cleanly and the fact that they're blurry (as opposed to meeting FTL's pixel style) is a bit meh
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 19, 2016 11:14 pm

MikieRpg wrote:Wait a min XD
They look almost exactly the same except this ones wings are Very awkward, facing forward and all, but sci-fi is like that.

Hey if it works for Russia, then I don't see a problem with the Eagle's forward-facing wings.

----------------------

As for how you can fix the wings Stormbringer, take the gibs of the Stealth Cruiser and colour them. Don't shrink or enlarge the picture, leave it as-is (flipping horizontally and vertically is fine. Don't do any rotations though). That'll reduce the blur.
That's how I make a lot of my ships. Either I splice hulls together or the gibs and I hide the broken parts underneath.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Thu May 19, 2016 11:34 pm

But pretty cool.
in the general tab, make sure the boxes below the description is something like EagleClassA and EagleClassB Etc.

actually I got wing gibs from syles' previous nighthawk cruiser then bonded together.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Thu May 19, 2016 11:36 pm

stylesrj wrote:
MikieRpg wrote:Wait a min XD

Hey if it works for Russia, then I don't see a problem with the Eagle's forward-facing wings.

----------------------

As for how you can fix the wings Stormbringer, take the gibs of the Stealth Cruiser and colour them. Don't shrink or enlarge the picture, leave it as-is (flipping horizontally and vertically is fine. Don't do any rotations though). That'll reduce the blur.
That's how I make a lot of my ships. Either I splice hulls together or the gibs and I hide the broken parts underneath.

IN SOVIET RUSKI...
PLANE WINGS... POINT FORWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 19, 2016 11:41 pm

The SU-47.
Proving to the world that aircraft can be just plane crazy.