[Ship][AE][Challenge] The Goomba

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
MikieRpg

[Ship][AE][Challenge] The Goomba

Postby MikieRpg » Sun May 08, 2016 5:04 pm

I made this in like 5 min, just 'cause
But it only has 1 hull health
with 4 Glaive beam artillery(At level 4 so like 6 sec cooldown) and 2 glaive beams on weapons
With weapons preigniter
level 3 cloak
level 8 engines
no shield
no crew(ai ship)
Pretty much every system it does have is maxed
and a z shield
This ship is the epitimy of OPness
But with 1 health ANYTHING will kill you, including events.
If you win please make a video XD i have to see it.
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?10b9vb6z609clel
And yes i just used the vulcanner hull pic
Thanks to stylesrj for the amazing name XD
Last edited by MikieRpg on Tue May 17, 2016 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: The God Ship?

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 08, 2016 7:09 pm

And I thought glass cannons were the most fragile thing out there.

I'm actually curious now about how far a ship with 1HP can go. Would a stray missile kill it first or would an event with boarders do it in, a random fire or just a plain-old damage event like a Rock mine?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun May 08, 2016 8:49 pm

I'm surprised this hasn't been done before.

And you know what? It's really not that bad of an idea. It's unbalanced as all hell, but I think that's the point--everything becomes this insane "one hit or die" affair, both you and the enemies. Giving it no shields system (and four artilleries!) is an interesting way of "forcing systems" onto the ship--maybe add one more system so that it starts with eight, so that the person can't buy shields at all?

@styles: Let's see here:

I think most early enemy ships shouldn't be risky, since pre-ignited glaives are quite capable of one-shotting them. This also means that you don't run the risk of weather events or enemies starting fires, since you end the battle quickly and jump out of there quickly. Early ships most likely won't have the chance to use the teleporter (if you target that first), and can't whittle through your Zoltan shield (unless they have bypass--which is unlikely, considering they're earlygame ships).

So, early-game, I think the only thing that could damage it are random events--particularly random boarders or fires started by events (boarders bypass ZShield when dropped through events, I think).

It becomes interesting when you consider later game, and ships with four shields. Because your six glaives can't pierce 4 shield layers...
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Sun May 08, 2016 9:50 pm

XD cool to see that this hasn't been done before XD
The ships with 4 shields was intentional for having all the glaives The solution is simple, just get some ions
I left 1 system available, because during the last boss fight its impossible to win without them(Im pretty sure)
But with the glaives all level 4, the rapidfire will help.
If your careful during events, you most likely* won't get killed.
So a bit of luck and a bit of skill, and you win XD.
At least you don't have to spend scrap on repairs right XD
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 08, 2016 10:54 pm

By the way, more than one Artillery still counts as taking a slot. So even if you see you have a slot available, you can't actually use it. Nor can you upgrade them or increase the power consumption.
So having 4 Artillery on the ship is going to take up all the slots and you can't make them shoot faster.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Mon May 09, 2016 12:13 am

stylesrj wrote:By the way, more than one Artillery still counts as taking a slot. So even if you see you have a slot available, you can't actually use it. Nor can you upgrade them or increase the power consumption.
So having 4 Artillery on the ship is going to take up all the slots and you can't make them shoot faster.

I know its intentional to increase dmg, and prevent people from getting things like drone control and 3 df 3 drones(#PlayCityOflightsAKAVeniceBcauseithasdrones)
or other systems like o2 for crew.
you get 1 more system and you probally want it to be shields(Also i believe i did this right) when you buy shields they should be level 3 or 4 (Can't rember)
Also the Artillery is already level 4 all around.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon May 09, 2016 12:35 am

I think having multiple Level 4 Artillery would also mean your power is mostly being diverted into it and thus less for other things.
Does the ship start with 60 units of power? Because if it does, it also means Ion Storms will be an issue. And Backup Battery. And CE's "Random power drop" event.

Which would mean Long Range Scanners are useful.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 16, 2016 2:26 am

stylesrj wrote:CE's "Random power drop" event.

wat ist das?
Sorry. when I am suprised I go all german (thankyou reception-year 3 (in australia we have reception at schools as a cloass, its basically an extension of preschool))
Where is the 'sudden power drop event'?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon May 16, 2016 2:34 am

Stormbringer wrote:Where is the 'sudden power drop event'?

You damage the enemy ship enough. Sometimes they offer to surrender, or there's a flavour message like "Nice shot! Now die!" or one which flashes you back to the Academy for a brief moment (also a bit of flavour text).

Then you get those messages where you're told that during a hard turn you set part of the ship on fire or you damaged the hull a bit or caused a breach... or you get my least favourite one - you lose 3 bars of reactor power.
Which actually isn't too bad if you're running a 3-power augment or something. But it does mean your game crashes if you have too much reactor power.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 16, 2016 4:22 am

stylesrj wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:Where is the 'sudden power drop event'?

You damage the enemy ship enough. Sometimes they offer to surrender, or there's a flavour message like "Nice shot! Now die!" or one which flashes you back to the Academy for a brief moment (also a bit of flavour text).

Then you get those messages where you're told that during a hard turn you set part of the ship on fire or you damaged the hull a bit or caused a breach... or you get my least favourite one - you lose 3 bars of reactor power.
Which actually isn't too bad if you're running a 3-power augment or something. But it does mean your game crashes if you have too much reactor power.

I'll keep that in mind as I work on my fed. battlecruiser and crown of thorns
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016