[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SgtFrog

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.g

Postby SgtFrog » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:48 am

Infinite mode is much more fun to play than story mode, and seems to have more events. I've started to build a sort of family on my little Engi Station.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:35 pm

SgtFrog wrote:Infinite mode is much more fun to play than story mode, and seems to have more events. I've started to build a sort of family on my little Engi Station.

That just gave an idea, maybe the "story mode" could be replaced with a time attack, where the player could choose the time it takes for the flagship to arrive?
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
TheBoss

Postby TheBoss » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:38 am

i know why! because the game thinks your out of fuel but you r now so thats why the enemy ships trie run away every time
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:40 pm

The game forces every enemy to flee if the player is out of fuel, to prevent stalemate fights that go on for ever. You are right that this doesn't makes much sense in the context of this mod, but there is simply no way to change this through regular modding as far as we know.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:25 pm

I'm updating the mod very soon and I thought, I'll share some screenshots.
*Added this update:
Rebel stations type B and type C designed by R4V3-0N + Lanius station type B:
ImageImageImage

*Next update:
Slug station type B (WIP, recolouring the last part is kinda hard):
And just something interesting that I tried: http://i.imgur.com/nREFMJy.png

Would you like it, if I were to add such a feature in the next update, that on every empty beacon, you would have to pay some scrap to your workers or something like that? And if you don't, maybe you'll have a chance of losing a teammember. Would that make the game less interesting?
Image Image
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:28 am

Personally, I would hate the whole "randomly lose a crewmember" thing. Losing a bit of scrap as "employee payment" is alright, I guess.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:33 am

Maybe you can get an augment called "Worker's pay" and it can be sold for a lot of scrap right now, but when it comes to payday events, you have to either pay the crew and lose some Scrap each time or use the blue option and not pay anything. So it could add a dilemma whether or not you need a better gun right now or to keep your crew happy and your wallet healthy.

Maybe the inspector will give you back the augment if you pass inspection...
Krenshaw

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.h

Postby Krenshaw » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:44 am

The Pirate Station (the one where the Kestrel is in vanilla) and Asteroid Base need shields at the start, they're so weak. Every time I tried them I was just SOL because I had to spend so much scrap on buying shields and upgrading that by the time I was in a good spot I was seeing ships with 2 shields and actually good weapons spawn.

Maybe remove cloaking from the pirate base if you think the addition of shields will be too powerful.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:10 pm

Krenshaw wrote:The Pirate Station (the one where the Kestrel is in vanilla) and Asteroid Base need shields at the start, they're so weak. Every time I tried them I was just SOL because I had to spend so much scrap on buying shields and upgrading that by the time I was in a good spot I was seeing ships with 2 shields and actually good weapons spawn.
Maybe remove cloaking from the pirate base if you think the addition of shields will be too powerful.

Someone already mentioned that the Pirate station was OP. That's why I removed mind control from that station and I'll leave it as it is for now. I know the Asteroid station needs some defenses, but I hope I can avoid shields/cloaking/drones and think of something else, because.. I just want to find an unique solution for the Asteroid.
Image Image
Superbeanz111

Postby Superbeanz111 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello, I'm no expert at modding-- hell-- I don't even know how to do anything with it besides install them, but I would like to make some Suggestions.

#1 Would it be possible to make CE compatible with the mod in a way that you can do things such as Socialize with your crew and other things?

#2 Would it be possible to make the Rebel station more... Rebel? What I mean is; When i'm playing PRS I always think to myself: "Man, I'd like to play as one of the space stations, but actually be a rebel."
Also would you be able to do something around the same lines except for Pirates?

#3 Will you add any mod support for others, such as: Being able to make custom Stations, or Total conversions... For this mod?

If you're able to get back to me, then thanks, and I'd like to know if anything like what i said above would be possible! <3