[SHIP] Make The Federation Great Again!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Braxbro

Re: [SHIP] Make The Federation Great Again!

Postby Braxbro » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:57 pm

stylesrj wrote:
Braxbro wrote:Well, yeah, but you could just add a second Rock plating under a different name to the mod.

You can't create a second augment with the same effects as another one. It doesn't work that way.

I don't know... if you add a new augment to your blueprints file with a different name... :P

Well, what would happen if you set Crystal Vengeance to -1? Just curious...
Kestrel A,B,C - Engi A,B,C - Stealth A - Zoltan A,B

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

"If we have AI, why not artificial stupidity?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:46 pm

So I was trying to get the Apprentice Bomb idea to work. The gun itself would be easy to code and implement but what I wanted was the line "You're fired" to be said every time it fired.

I took a clip from Youtube, split it into many pieces so I had many variants of the same line but they all were saved as audio files using Windows Movie Maker.
Here's where the problem lies. I tried converting them to .ogg files using VLC but they come out as "You're fie" when I play them back.

So has anyone or could someone with proper audio editing software do a better job of getting the line for me please?

Here's the Youtube link in question where I got the lines from ( a lot of variation!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75SEy1qu71I

----------

On another note, I know what the Bernie Sanders ship should entail l(#feelthebern) but what about Hillary Clinton? All I got is a ship that's been bought and paid for but would have nothing special.
So essentially a Kestrel in the form of Hillary? I'm gonna need a better idea.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:34 am

So I got three different variations of "You're fired!" working properly.

Now the question is, how powerful should firing the enemy be?

I was thinking of a 30 second cooldown, three shots and kills nearly all enemies instantly on contact (Rockmen and Crystals are... made of harder stuff. 8-) ) and sets the room on fire. Also does 2 damage to systems.
Since it's Artillery, you can't control where it goes of course but I guess it makes the Trump Ship's main strategy to be removing the enemy crew then seizing the wreck afterwards.

Too OP? Should I nerf some damages or is it fine/hilarious for Trump's voice to be so devastating?
isla

Postby isla » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:25 pm

Now the question is, how powerful should firing the enemy be?

LOL
assistancerobot

Postby assistancerobot » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:35 pm

stylesrj wrote:So I was trying to get the Apprentice Bomb idea to work. The gun itself would be easy to code and implement but what I wanted was the line "You're fired" to be said every time it fired.

I took a clip from Youtube, split it into many pieces so I had many variants of the same line but they all were saved as audio files using Windows Movie Maker.
Here's where the problem lies. I tried converting them to .ogg files using VLC but they come out as "You're fie" when I play them back.

So has anyone or could someone with proper audio editing software do a better job of getting the line for me please?

Here's the Youtube link in question where I got the lines from ( a lot of variation!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75SEy1qu71I

----------

On another note, I know what the Bernie Sanders ship should entail l(#feelthebern) but what about Hillary Clinton? All I got is a ship that's been bought and paid for but would have nothing special.
So essentially a Kestrel in the form of Hillary? I'm gonna need a better idea.

SnoopaVision is in beta and will be enabled on Donald Trump "You're Fired" by ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2161.
HUNGRYBOY40

Postby HUNGRYBOY40 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:22 am

If you make an Abbot Boat it'll probably shoot itself
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:14 pm

So how's this an idea for a Clinton Cruiser:

It's got 4 overpowered, fast-firing, shield-piercing beams and a Zoltan Shield. Basically, if you fly the Clinton, you'll be guaranteed a win.
It'll be an extremely boring ship to operate but considering what other ones are out there, it's probably a safe-bet to use it for the run.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 am

And now introducing V4:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b5f89 ... hip_V4.ftl

What's new:

Trump Artillery! Fire the enemy with the power of Trump's voice! Also does system damage from the feedback and sets the room on fire half the time.
Miniship icon! Yeah...
Still no gibs, but honestly Trump would kinda vanish after you make him explode.

Try it out and make the Federation great again!

The main strategy of this ship is to use the steaks to stun the enemy, wait for the Artillery to fire and hope you can get their shields down. It's like the Slug A except you don't need to waste missiles to get the AP weapons to work.
isla

Postby isla » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Trump Artillery! Fire the enemy with the power of Trump's voice! Also does system damage from the feedback and sets the room on fire half the time.

Pahahahahaha
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Well Trump does "fire up" his crowd after he fires someone on The Apprentice (haven't seen a single episode of it or the British version or any other version. I don't watch shows like that.)