[Tarazed Series][Ship]Blue-Jay

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
MikieRpg

[Tarazed Series][Ship]Blue-Jay

Postby MikieRpg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:13 pm

Introducing a new ship from Tarazed Co.(Endless Sky Reference):
The Blue Jay:

(Edit, I'm Dumb didnt include download XD):http://www.mediafire.com/download/l58da07flpi52nz/BlueJay.ftl
I got the hull from steamtex, he posted (and some other amazing hulls i will probably use) it in "The Shipyard" Post, so i assume he's not using/has used it.
Here is a view of the rooms:
The ship comes with 2 1x1 rooms, not connected to the main hull. They are accessible except by enemy teleporters (Pretty nice trap actually XD)
this means that if your shield takes damage you can't upgrade it/repair it, so if its level 3 it will always have 1 level shields unless you take more damage on it. The ship does come with titanium system casing so you may get lucky, in my run i lost it in the first fight but made it to the flagship and beat it twice( by that i mean the first 2 stages)
Features
4 charge lasers
1 human
2 engi
mind control, cloaking, 1 artillery(triple missile) (the second one doesn't fire just for symmetry)
4(yes Four) room med-bay
A fully upgraded pilot system
and yes level 8 engines with, if you man the engines over 50% dodge. (no this is not op, the shield counteracts it, without this losing the shields means gg)
It has 1 extra room(2x2) that can hold anything else and one of the 2x1 rooms can hold a battery
Feel free to criticize, praise, etc.
Bugs/Issues
No miniship(too lazy too do, might make it eventually if i really like the ship)
Normal Double Artillery Weirdness(Upgrading does not work)
[Size=150]Tips![Size=150]
Upgrade Shields and sensors, if you can see when the enemy is firing a shot(Missiles top threat) you can time your cloak
If you get all 4 charge lasers powered, you can fire 8 shots, enough to take out even the flagships shields(weaken them, but much lower level 1-2)
If you get a teleporter, TURN OFF THE ARTILLERY, cause if you don't and the 3 missiles fire and kill your people/destroy the ship, without a clonebay you just lost them.

Edit: Pictures Slightly off, i moved the artillery to the very front so you can add a extra system - thanks to stylesrj!
Last edited by MikieRpg on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
MikieRpg

Re: [Mod][Ship]Blue-Jay

Postby MikieRpg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:22 pm

[Saved Space]
Just saving some space for an announcement on this when i'm done with "It"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:30 pm

If the ship has all those systems already (including the double artillery) then there's nothing left for a teleporter or any other system. It might not look like it but double artillery counts as two systems. So the ship's already hit the 8-system limit. If you want symmetry and allow a spot open for an 8th system, put the artillery in a more central location.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:33 pm

stylesrj wrote:If the ship has all those systems already (including the double artillery) then there's nothing left for a teleporter or any other system. It might not look like it but double artillery counts as two systems. So the ship's already hit the 8-system limit. If you want symmetry and allow a spot open for an 8th system, put the artillery in a more central location.

Oh thx! i didnt know there was a 8 system limit :oops:
ill just probally remove the second one.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:43 pm

MikieRpg wrote:Oh thx! i didnt know there was a 8 system limit :oops:

You never played a vanilla ship, bought three systems and then wondered why you couldn't have Hacking, Mind Control, Cloaking, Drones and a Teleporter all on the same vessel?

Yeah, dual artillery should only be used when necessary (like the Wanderlust ASB Cruiser) and not to do things like add symmetry.
Also, when you hit "Restart" instead of hangar, the second artillery vanishes anyway.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:52 pm

stylesrj wrote:
You never played a vanilla ship, bought three systems and then wondered why you couldn't have Hacking, Mind Control, Cloaking, Drones and a Teleporter all on the same vessel?

Lol no, never got much scrap on vanilla, and when i did i always went for high shields and engines, and never had a chance to have more than 7 systems
(Lol actually got the full arsenal achievement with this one XD)
assistancerobot

Postby assistancerobot » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:22 am

stylesrj wrote:
MikieRpg wrote:Oh thx! i didnt know there was a 8 system limit :oops:

Yeah, dual artillery should only be used when necessary (like the Wanderlust ASB Cruiser) and not to do things like add symmetry.
Also, when you hit "Restart" instead of hangar, the second artillery vanishes anyway.

yeah , but this ship is already filled to the brimful with systems!

BTW : The FTL Forums definitely needs way better servers

Also , made a different version of the ship , but the file is too large to upload :-(
isla

Re: [Tarazed Series][Ship]Blue-Jay

Postby isla » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:40 pm

BTW : The FTL Forums definitely needs way better servers

What are you running into?
porcu93

Re: [Tarazed Series][Ship]Blue-Jay

Postby porcu93 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:32 pm

So, for this one I actually don't have the original .ftl file. Thankfully the hull image, the room layout with the mounts and the starting setup are still visible, so I was able to recreate this ship from scratch. I have 2 versions: a complete recreation and a nerfed version.

The first version I kept the same layout visible, with the removal of the second artillery; the addition of the missing systems; some room floors, glows and station positioning fixes and some door removed to not have people passing through a computer and something similar. The 4 Charge Laser I are the 1 power version. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kpDIRXW2RwsqeuJJrOeOGJiFOj_37yTj/view?usp=sharing

The second version has 20 HP, with just 2 standard Charge Laser I, still the same artillery but only 1 level on it, 4 levels on Engines, 2 on Piloting, and no Shields (you'll get it at level 2 when bought) or Cloak. At least your FTL charges faster with the augment, just in case you get out of there ASAP. Here's the download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TOaGdjCRV2MYSKGumZWddg0pUukuTkvh/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: added the cloak image.