[AE][CE] SCRAMBLE MENU: in-game Sandbox/Cheat Menu

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sul

[AE][CE] SCRAMBLE MENU: in-game Sandbox/Cheat Menu

Postby sul » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 pm

Some pages of the Scramble Menu.

////////////////////////// SCRAMBLE MENU //////////////////////////

The Scramble Menu is a Sandbox/Cheat Menu for FTL. You can get all systems, crew (including ghosts), weapons, drones, augments, scrap, resources. You can open a store, reveal the map, delay the fleet, go to the Crystal Homeworld sector, unlock ships, repair your hull, and many more. The menu opens at any store/repair and any sector start and exit. At the first beacon of the Crystal Homeworld sector you can also fight any ship from the game in sandbox battle.

NEW VERSION FOR 2017:
Download link (01/01/2017): https://www.dropbox.com/s/rppj5vsfjb160 ... U.ftl?dl=0

Notes:
- Use Slipstream mod manager to patch the mod (install Slipstream, place all .ftl files in the mods folder, launch Slipstream and choose mods to patch): viewtopic.php?t=17102
- The mod makes the emergency respirators augment unusable (this helps open the menu faster).
- The Sandbox Battles have enemy crew usually replaced by crystals because they take place in Crystal Homeworld where other races are rare.
- See also the similar Ship customizer mod: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29466&p=101839#p101839

////////////////////////// ADD-ONS //////////////////////////

SCRAMBLE BUILD-A-SHIP:
This add-on to the Scramble Menu allows you to build and customize your ship entirely at game start. The mod first downgrades all starting ships to their barebones then you choose everything with the menu.
Download link (03/07/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/a19s79iwngmhu ... P.ftl?dl=0

SCRAMBLE BUILD-A-SHIP UNMANNED:
This add-on removes crew from ships to have an unmanned ship (like an auto-scout). With an unmanned ship you can still get crew but wont loose the game if they die, it is also suggested to get a "Slug Gel" augment to repair breaches.
Download link (03/07/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qy1m00o68axtl ... D.ftl?dl=0

SCRAMBLE MORE MENU:
This add-on makes the Scramble Menu appear more frequently, at any beacon where no ship is present.
Download link (03/31/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/85yqns700oc4w ... U.ftl?dl=0

SCRAMBLE FLAGSHIPS:
This add-on allows to fight the Flagship earlier in the game in Sandbox mode. Due to technical limitations, there can be only one type of Flagship before the last sector. By default, the Scramble Menu allows to fight the Flagship in construction. If you want to fight another Flagship instead in Sandbox mode, use the Flagship add-on corresponding to the version you want. There is the Flagship from Round 1 (with cloaking and hacking), from Round 2 (with boarding drone) and from Round 3 (with mind control and zoltan shield). Those are not exactly the original flagships from late game, but they are very close.
Round 1 Download link (03/09/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrb95iayfqmy0 ... 1.ftl?dl=0
Round 2 Download link (03/09/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e13enifyee1i ... 2.ftl?dl=0
Round 3 Download link (03/09/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpds2sop0acvx ... 3.ftl?dl=0

Patch order:
Any other mod (Captain Edition, Insurrection, overhaul, graphics, ships, etc...)
SCRAMBLE_MENU
SCRAMBLE_MOREMENU (optional, SCRAMBLE_MENU must be patched)
SCRAMBLE_BUILDASHIP (optional, SCRAMBLE_MENU must be patched)
SCRAMBLE BUILD-A-SHIP UNMANNED (optional, SCRAMBLE_MENU must be patched)
SCRAMBLE FLAGSHIPS , ROUND1 or ROUND2 or ROUND3 (optional, SCRAMBLE_MENU must be patched)

////////////////////////// Mod Compatibility //////////////////////////

The Scramble Menu is also compatible with some major FTL mods (see list below). If one or several of those mods are installed, their items (weapons, drones, augments) will also be available from the bottom of the menu (if not the pages will just be blank). This can be useful to get or mix items from those mods on your ship with regular items.

Overhaul Mods Compatibility:
Captain Editions: viewtopic.php?t=15663
FTL Insurrection: viewtopic.php?t=17187&start=360
Ship Gear Mods Compatibility:
C&C Weapons Pack: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27573
Crystal Cataclysm: viewtopic.php?t=24317
GianTell's Armament: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29873
Go Ballistic !: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26840&hilit=go+ballistic
Impulse Weapons Co: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29471
Nono's Weapon pack: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28901
Sleepz's Weapon pack: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29048
RAD-82's Weapon pacK: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25968

All mods are in the Master-Mod List: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26619

////////////////////////// Update history //////////////////////////

01/01/2016: menu opens instantly (emergency respirators augment is now unusable), faster browsing (similar to Ship Customizer mod), Content from other mod is directly available if they are installed.
03/26/2016: some missing weapons added (breach bombs, crystal lasers), removed option to swap enemy crew/weapons.
03/30/2016: shield+ drone added, added artilleries as weapons, some page organisation modified.
03/31/2016: menu appears less frequently (new add-on MOREMENU restores to previous).
version (03/31/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/rppj5vsfjb160 ... U.ftl?dl=0
CE addon (03/26/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bu8oc7vrp4ju ... E.ftl?dl=0
Scramble battle mod (03/04/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/eadvubpaqzgpk ... E.ftl?dl=0

A sandbox battle in Captain's Edition.

A ship entirely customized from scratch at first beacon using the Scramble Build-A-Ship add-on.

Fighting the flagship from round 1 in the first sector in a sun and asteroid environment, using the Scramble Flagships add-on.
Last edited by sul on Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Lacota137

Re: [AE][CE ready] SCRAMBLE MENU: in-game Sandbox/Cheat Menu

Postby Lacota137 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:44 pm

doesn't seem to have any of the weapons from advanced edition or captain's edition, could just be me though :? Still nice mod.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:30 pm

Lacota137 wrote:doesn't seem to have any of the weapons from advanced edition or captain's edition, could just be me though :? Still nice mod.

I think he meant that by CE ready it works with CE, and I played this and saw the advanced edition weapons.

Just wanted to post and say that this is a really cool mod, I've always wanted something like this. All it needs is an add-on that lets us use the CE items.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
sul

Postby sul » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:00 am

Lacota137 wrote:doesn't seem to have any of the weapons from advanced edition or captain's edition, could just be me though :? Still nice mod.

Thanks for the feedback guys it warms me heart ! Yes what I meant is I tested playing with CE and it was working, just no major issue found so far. But thats a good idea, I will try to update with the CE content in a few weeks it shouldnt be too hard.
Lacota137

Postby Lacota137 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:02 pm

elijahdb wrote:

I think he meant that by CE ready it works with CE, and I played this and saw the advanced edition weapons.

Just wanted to post and say that this is a really cool mod, I've always wanted something like this. All it needs is an add-on that lets us use the CE items.

Not all the weapons from advanced edition. I can't find the breach bombs mk1 and 2 or any of the crystal weapons in the menu. Still love the mod though. Once I did a run using 4 burst laser mk2's, hacking system, and defense scrambler with 2 automated reloaders. totally annihilated the flag ship rounds 1 & 2, 3rd round gave me a little trouble with that zoltan shield, but once it was down, he was toast :twisted:
sul

Postby sul » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:44 am

elijahdb: I put an add-on with all the available Captain Edition content.
Lacota137: I added the breach bombs and crystal weapons to the scramble menu, they were missing indeed.
Thanks for the nice feedback guys and dont hesitate to tell if something is missing (I probably missed some for the CE add-on, the content is just huuuuge).
Last edited by sul on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elijahdb

Re: [AE][CE] SCRAMBLE MENU: in-game Sandbox/Cheat Menu

Postby elijahdb » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:24 pm

sul wrote:elijahdb: I put an add-on with all the available Captain Edition content.
Lacota137: I added the breach bombs and crystal weapons to the scramble menu.
Thanks for the nice feedback guys and dont hesitate to tell if something is missing (I probably missed some for the CE add-on, the content is just huuuuge).

Thank you!
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:59 pm

I installed the Scramble CE Addon into FTL the way you said to and I'm not getting any CE items in my scramble menu at all. Just to clarify, you wanted them installed like this, correct?

FTL Captain's Edition
CE Resource Pack
Scramble Menu
Scramble CE
Scramble Build A Ship
sul

Postby sul » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:25 pm

elijahdb wrote:I installed the Scramble CE Addon into FTL the way you said to and I'm not getting any CE items in my scramble menu at all. Just to clarify, you wanted them installed like this, correct?

FTL Captain's Edition
CE Resource Pack
Scramble Menu
Scramble CE
Scramble Build A Ship

Be sure to download the latest Scramble Menu version. I added a page 3 in the main menu where you have the CE content. Your patching order is correct except CE Resource Pack comes before FTL Captain's Edition if i remember well.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Okay, it worked! Thanks a bunch for making this!