Crystal Ship Quest Bug

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Samuel

Crystal Ship Quest Bug

Postby Samuel » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Whenever I reach the rock homeworlds with the Crystal dude active in my ship, there's no quest marker in the rock homeworlds, and as far as I can tell none of the beacons have anything to do with the event. Unless I'm missing something, or you can jump from rock homeworlds to another rock homeworlds, it feels like a bug.
VintageCake

Re: Crystal Ship Quest Bug

Postby VintageCake » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:03 am

Knowing this silly game, the quest is probobly hidden somewhere.
I'd copy paste the saves because it's just cheap luck.
BigD145

Postby BigD145 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:29 am

The quest is hidden within the Rock Homeworld. You must stumble upon it randomly. Once in the secret sector the crystal dude will lay down a quest marker for his ship.
Winjin

Postby Winjin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:05 am

Yeah, just jump frantically, best if you have long distance scanners - avoid ships, distress calls and shops. You need the usual sectors. In one of them there will be a "device floating in space" with a blue option from the Crystal crew. Happened to me in that last run. Also, look for the shop in the ??? sector - they sell their fine crystal weapons for 20 scrap, if you happen to get across one. I happened and used it on the boss)) Good luck!