Drones prevent repairs in drone bay

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
mxbndr

Drones prevent repairs in drone bay

Postby mxbndr » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:36 pm

I had an Anti-Personnel Drone and a System Repair drone, and my drone bay was damaged, such that I could not activate either, and I could not put crew in for repairs because they were in the way.

I tried an S Bomb on myself hoping it would destroy the drones, but my shield stopped it for some reason.

Eventually I repaired it by upgrading the drone bay and increasing power, but I had to wander around for scrap first, and could not swap them out for other drone help, and I was stuck with an overpowered drone bay I didn't need.

There should be a way to manually scrap them, or just order them to another part of the ship.
EdenNov

Re: Drones prevent repairs in drone bay

Postby EdenNov » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:07 pm

In what player ship does the drone bay have only 2 rooms? isn't it always 4?

Anyway, couldn't you have put the drones in cargo, repaired the room, and then return the drones? (it would cost drone parts, but it's cheaper than upgrading the system)
ghettoevra

Postby ghettoevra » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm

I would like to bump this question.

I am playing as the stealth ship layout a, which has a 2 tile drone control room. I have a fully upgraded drone system, as it was my strategy this run. I am at The Last Stand, and prior to meeting the final boss, my drone room was fully damaged by fire with a repair and a anti-personnel drone in it. I won the battle, but now am unable to repair my drone control because there is no room to send a crew member in to repair, nor can I activate my repair drone. I'm not sure what the last poster meant by sending them to cargo, i tried loading up a hull repair and defense drone. But that did not "send the other drones to cargo".

ANy help would be appreciated.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Are you using the most up to date version of FTL? I believe it was fixed that drones that are unequipped and added to cargo will be removed, even if deployed. Most up to date version is 1.03.1, as marked in the bottom right of the main menu.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here