Enemies teleported onto different enemy ship

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
barsooma

Enemies teleported onto different enemy ship

Postby barsooma » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:42 pm

This isn't a big bug, but it was a bit odd/amusing.
I'd been fighting pirates who teleported some boarders onto my ship.
After detonating their ship, I jumped out with the invaders still being mopped up onboard. At the next location I encountered a mantis ship. Two of their crew rushed to the teleporter for their usual boarding move - however they were stymied as the enemy teleporter instead picked up the pirate crew, who immediately rushed into the mantis medbay.
boa13

Re: Enemies teleported onto different enemy ship

Postby boa13 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Awesome! This is called "emergent behavior", I'm sure the game authors did not plan this, but it just flows logically from the other rules of the game! :D
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm no modder, but from my experiences, every thing that isn't under your control is on the same team against you.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Unless they were stuck on the attack nearest room logic and didn't bother to check what ship they were on. They would assume the players ship, since normally they can not be beamed onto an enemy ship.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:20 pm

The enemy normally teleports low health boarders back, it just doesn't check if the boarders are from the same encounter.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Hmm, when barsooma said 'rushed in' i though he meant they attacked. Nevermind, i get it now.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.