stuck at the exit location

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Shepard

stuck at the exit location

Postby Shepard » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:47 am

This happend to me twice now, first at the end of the first sector, now at the 3rd.

Im at the exit point, enemy defeated, or quest completed, FTL charged but no option to proceed to the next sector...

The exit was both in the rebel warning indicator, is this a game over or a bug?
UltraMantis

Re: stuck at the exit location

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:01 pm

That's only possible if you're out of fuel. When that happens you get the option to wait with or without a distress beacon. With the beacon help should arrive sooner but there's a greater chance of pirates showing up instead.

Could you post a screenshot if this happens again? To my knowledge noone has reported that problem before.

EDIT - It doesn't matter if the Rebels hold the exit. As long as you defeat the ship guarding the exit you should have the option to make the jump to next sector. Defeating Rebel ships also gives you 1 fuel, so i really can't see why you can't jump to next sector.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Cactuschef

Postby Cactuschef » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:24 pm

also are you quite sure you're actually at the exit. it is possible for beacons to be very close together and have the label for one beacon cover up the icon for the beacon you're actually at
xinaes

Postby xinaes » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:16 pm

I just experienced this on iPad (incidentally, this is a 12.9” iPad Pro and to be honest I don’t understand what the problem with layout mentioned in another thread is; seems fine to me).

I tried quitting and reloading, jumping to another node and back to the exit, beat the rebel ship but still no option to jump to next sector. This is in sector 1.

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t an overlapping node.
xinaes

Postby xinaes » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:36 pm

Playing another game and it seems ok this time around. No glaive beam this time, though :’(