My boarding crew was taken when enemy ship run away!

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
heavy_mental

My boarding crew was taken when enemy ship run away!

Postby heavy_mental » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi!

That's not the bad part. After that the game kinda locked down. Enemy ship disappeared but no comment was shown, the teleporter timer freezed, but I could still play with the doors or read descriptions, go to menu but Save + Quit didn't work on account of me being still "in danger". So I was forced to go to main menu and loose my progress. I flew mantis ship type A. I wanna know if it's "normal", should I be careful about this next time?
Here comes the chopper to chop off your head...
boa13

Re: My boarding crew was taken when enemy ship run away!

Postby boa13 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:35 pm

It's normal that the enemy can run away with your boarding crew, there have been several threads about that. (You can do the same to their crew by the way.)

It is not normal that the game kinda locks down after that, as far as I know, you are the first person to report this issue.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:53 pm

At the risk of sounding condescending, here's a possible explanation:

You'd still be "in danger" if there was an environmental danger like solar flares or asteroids, and your warp timer wouldn't progress if you didn't have someone at the helm or if your engines were disabled. Since you were boarding using the Mantis A, I'm guessing it's possible you left it unmanned, which would explain half this issue.

Again, you might know all that already, in which case it must be a bug. The only thing that makes perfect sense is losing your boarders: If the enemy jumps, anyone you have on board is toast. Sometimes enemies immediately attempt to jump when engaged (like Rebel supply ships), which might explain why you didn't see a message. Be more careful next time!
heavy_mental

Postby heavy_mental » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Madhax wrote:At the risk of sounding condescending, here's a possible explanation:

You'd still be "in danger" if there was an environmental danger like solar flares or asteroids, and your warp timer wouldn't progress if you didn't have someone at the helm or if your engines were disabled. Since you were boarding using the Mantis A, I'm guessing it's possible you left it unmanned, which would explain half this issue.

Again, you might know all that already, in which case it must be a bug. The only thing that makes perfect sense is losing your boarders: If the enemy jumps, anyone you have on board is toast. Sometimes enemies immediately attempt to jump when engaged (like Rebel supply ships), which might explain why you didn't see a message. Be more careful next time!

Nope :D It was a bug, glitch or whatever. After the ship run off, the message about it didn't appear and the window in which enemy is shown didn't disappear. I know most of this stuff. I might only play this game since Friday but it's irresistible. It's probably the best thing I bought in last six months. And I mean of all things. ;)
Here comes the chopper to chop off your head...