Stealth Weapons Doesn't Work At All!

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Strill

Stealth Weapons Doesn't Work At All!

Postby Strill » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm

I bought a cloaking device and stealth weapons on the Torus, and it doesn't work! My cloak goes down within less than two seconds every time. Does stealth weapons not apply to drones? If so that's a pretty terrible caveat to not mention.
Cactuschef

Re: Stealth Weapons Doesn't Work At All!

Postby Cactuschef » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 pm

odd, it works fine for me, i just save+quit out of a run with stealth weapons, a beam drone, and 4 guns blazing, and my cloak lasts the full duration. maybe if this run is still in progress you can take a moment during a fight to try to pinpoint specifically which weapon or drone is making the cloak drop?
Strill

Postby Strill » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:45 am

I saved and quit just before making the OP. Is it possible to backup save files in the steam version of the game? Because I was in a precarious situation and I don't know if I'll make it past the next fight.
Cactuschef

Postby Cactuschef » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:55 am

i believe the file continue.sav in my documents/my games/faster than light/ is your savegame. i'm not 100% on this, and it may be located elsewhere in the steam version.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:40 am

See this thread for the location of prof.sav (contains your ships, achievements and score) and continue.sav (contains your saved game): viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1892
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.