Can't install FTL crazy mod

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Spire21

Can't install FTL crazy mod

Postby Spire21 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:06 am

Hello everyone, as the title said I'm trying to install the FTL crazy mod, a randomiser tool for FTL.

I've downloaded it from the official GitHub mod dev. In the downloaded folder there is a read me file that tells me how to use this tools :

"To use, simply execute the FTLRand file. It should load up a window with a simple user interface".

But First, I dont get any exe file named like that, I got 2 exe files : FTLCrazy and Randomiser.

Second, no matter which one I run, both display a windows that instantanely close it-self in a second.

Third, this tools requires python 3. I've also installed Python 3.9.1 before running the tools but it doesn't work at all like I previously said on my second point. I dont know python at all I'm just a player but I've tried several versions of python in order to make the tool work but it still doesn't work.

Any advice to help me ? I'm feeling kinda silly right know, I usually don't have any probs on modding any games and really want to try this tool. :(
Jumbocarrot0

Re: Can't install FTL crazy mod

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi creator of the mod here.

I'm not too sure what's causing this issue, the program seems to work just fine on my end.
You are meant to run the file named 'FTLCrazy.py,' the instructions file was mistyped.
The only issue I can think of is that you're using a different OS to me. I created, and run the program in Windows 10, so it may not work on other platforms.
Spire21

Postby Spire21 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:30 am

Hi, first of all thanks to response me. I'm pretty sure I would have love your mod if I haven't got this problem :P

I've forgot to mention that I'm also running on Windows 10.

The only thing I haven't did yet is to install your mod on another device. I'll be able to do it this week-end in the hope of a successful attempt this time.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:43 pm

Here's an alternative download on Google Drive

If the Github link still doesn't work, you could try the alt download since that version 100% works for me.

If you can, could you also try opening the program from the Python IDLE, which you can access easily by just searching up 'Python IDLE.' On the IDLE, you can go File --> Open, go to the FTLCrazy.py file, and then go Run --> Run Module. It probably won't fix your issue, but it may show some sort of error message that will help me troubleshoot your issue.
Spire21

Postby Spire21 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:03 am

I followed your advice and did this " File --> Open, go to the FTLCrazy.py file, and then go Run --> Run Module"

Surprinsignly, it worked !

I've even played one whole game to be certain that it works during the entire run and it did worked well !

Thank you very much for your help, really appreciated it !

Keep up the good work : )