Modding FTL 1.6.13 GOG version?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Eldergamer

Modding FTL 1.6.13 GOG version?

Postby Eldergamer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:13 pm

I'd like to mod the current version of FTL version 1.6.13 from GOG but it seems to be different then my previous GOG version. The last one I had no problem modding. I installed the mod that slowed the enemy progress so I could explore a bit more. I also installed a mod that let me have a few custom ships. I think it was the one from mass effect... Anyway It's been years since I played and modded FTL so I started from scratch. I downloaded the latest version of FTL from GOG (version 1.6.13) and installed it. I downloaded and installed the latest version of slipstream as well. I ran slipstream and it asked me to direct it to the data.dat file. I couldn't find one.

So far I've checked the game directory and the save directory in documents/my games... I also searched the c: drive for a data.dat file. The search says it doesn't exist.

Could someone direct me to the file or if it's a different process to mod FTL now please let me know where I can find some instructions.

Thanks a bunch

Eldergamer
Eldergamer

Re: Modding FTL 1.6.13 GOG version?

Postby Eldergamer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:30 pm

Turns out the link I used sent me to an older version of Slipstream version 1.41. The new version looks for FTL.dat which is located right in the main game directory. I owe my thanks to Zeffyr on the GOG forums for pointing this out to me.

Take care all,

Eldergamer