game crashed on title screen- tried everything ive found with no success

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Placeholder

game crashed on title screen- tried everything ive found with no success

Postby Placeholder » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:30 pm

so i got the game during the 2016 summer sale and it worked fine for about a week and i played about 24 hours of it when i got this bug/ problem. basically if i launch the game the loading bar will fill up and bring me to the title screen, but then after about 1 or 2 seconds it will crash with the windows error "FTLGame.exe has stopped working". after getting this error i tried to find a fix on the forums here or reddit with one response that seemed to work for everybody, update your drivers. ive tried at least 15 diffrent versions of my drivers and none of them work. ive tried turning off the steam ingame overlay and it doesnt work. ive looked for a crash report but it dosnt make any. and then whenever i try to verify the local game cache through steam, it says to close all programs related to it before it can verify, but ive checked every process on task manager and havn't found anything related to it. if anyone has had the same problem and found a fix for it id be really happy because im loving the game and just want to play it a bit more.
stylesrj

Re: game crashed on title screen- tried everything ive found with no success

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:09 pm

You using Windows 10? Because many people report that Windows 10 doesn't like a lot of video games.
isla

Postby isla » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:39 pm

You using Windows 10? Because many people report that Windows 10 doesn't like a lot of video games.

It's true. It's all true.

@Placeholder - Please feel free to shoot me an email about this (techsupport@ftlgame.com) it's possible you might have a corrupted profile, in which case... horray! We can fix that. If it's a Windows 10 thing, well... we'll find out. I guess.
Offlithium

Postby Offlithium » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:01 pm

No guys. I can confirm it works fine on Windows 10 (that is what I use to play it).