Crash on loading, no info.

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Philo Wintercoat

Crash on loading, no info.

Postby Philo Wintercoat » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Steam Version. Windows 10 64-bit Pro.
Crashes at a random point during or immediately after the initial loading bar.
All Windows says is "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.".
No crashlog is printed.
The stdout.txt file is empty.
I have verified the came cache via Steam.
It was working correctly just a couple days ago.
And to my knowledge, there have been no system updates since then.

What the absolute f***.

EDIT: I was able to retrieve this from the Windows Event Viewer.

Code: Select all

Faulting application name: FTLGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x537a343e
Faulting module name: ltc_game32-114279.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x57756220
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x000b2439
Faulting process id: 0x680
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d5849413fa6d
Faulting application path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\FTLGame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~2\RAPTRI~1\PlaysTV\ltc_game32-114279.dll
Report Id: e450de89-3004-4e41-aece-02c6353c251a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

EDIT EDIT: It's caused by PlaysTV. (Even though it worked perfectly fine a couple days ago.)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: It was an update to PlaysTV, which apparently updates itself automatically, without asking or notifying you, and doesn't offer the option to disable it. GG, PlaysTV devs; you broke it.
isla

Re: Crash on loading, no info.

Postby isla » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:30 pm

EDIT EDIT: It's caused by PlaysTV. (Even though it worked perfectly fine a couple days ago.)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: It was an update to PlaysTV, which apparently updates itself automatically, without asking or notifying you, and doesn't offer the option to disable it. GG, PlaysTV devs; you broke it.

Thank you so much for including this additional information. I'll be adding this to my notes in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

Taemon

Postby Taemon » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:30 am

It does the same thing to me, but I'd never even heard of play.tv till I saw it here. I finally got it to work, but I had to copy my save file and move it elsewhere. So it will start up, but all my progress is gone. I tried switching it back out, *bam* crashes again.

EDIT: I can confirm it's the save file. I told it re-sync with Steam and it again starts crashing. I turn that off and delete the save file and it starts up fine.
isla

Postby isla » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:09 pm

It does the same thing to me, but I'd never even heard of play.tv till I saw it here. I finally got it to work, but I had to copy my save file and move it elsewhere. So it will start up, but all my progress is gone. I tried switching it back out, *bam* crashes again.

EDIT: I can confirm it's the save file. I told it re-sync with Steam and it again starts crashing. I turn that off and delete the save file and it starts up fine.

That's a corrupted save file. You're going to have to replace it, and I strongly recommend leaving Steam Cloud Sync turned off until you do. Luckily, though, Vhati made an excellent profile editor: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10959

(It's actually the one we use ourselves when things get messed up)

Please feel free to email me if you need any help at all.
trickyindia

Postby trickyindia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:43 am

May be you have deleted some important files from c drive thats why the windows is crashing. Download any registry installer on windows :P .