FTL Version 1.02.5 Live [YET ANOTHER UPDATE]

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
SilasOfBorg

Re: FTL Version 1.02.5 Live on Steam and GOG [UPDATE 3]

Postby SilasOfBorg » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Yup! Torrent isn't going anywhere though, I don't think they're seeding it yet.

Regular D/L is fine though. :) :) :) :)

Full steam ahead capn! We need that 1-hull achievement!

edit, 10 minutes later: cloud is populating nicely. Torrent away!
boa13

Re: FTL Version 1.02.5 Live on Steam and GOG [UPDATE 3]

Postby boa13 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:55 pm

And it appears to be working fine under Linux! Well, it was already working fine on my machine, I'm just reporting it's not broken. :)

Also, the option to show paths between nodes when hovering over them is the major new feature of that release! :D
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
snakehips

Re: FTL Version 1.02.5 Live [UPDATE 4]

Postby snakehips » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Sad to report that the game is still overly pixelated for me. No other problems though and the beacon hover is a very useful feature. It runs fine on my other machine, guess the x1600 is just too old for this with no proper driver support.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Add the line "swapTexture=1" to your settings.ini file. See if that helps. Apparently some cards will lie and say they support aspects of OpenGL that they don't support, resulting in FTL unable to provide the correct method for rendering textures. That line should override what it chose and try something else.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
snakehips

Postby snakehips » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Matthew wrote:Add the line "swapTexture=1" to your settings.ini file. See if that helps. Apparently some cards will lie and say they support aspects of OpenGL that they don't support, resulting in FTL unable to provide the correct method for rendering textures. That line should override what it chose and try something else.

Awesome. That fixed it! Thanks Matt!
Zogundar

Postby Zogundar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 pm

I don't see a patch for the HumbleStore version?
boa13

Postby boa13 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:35 pm

The new version is available on the Humble Store. It's not a patch, you need to download the full game again.

When you go to your Humble Store Download Page (URL available in the mail sent to you when you bought the game), under the Download button, there should be an underlined date, which should be "2012-09-27". Possibly, it should even say "new!" the first time you revisit the page. :)
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Just need to redownload the game. If we decide to make updates regular in the future, we'll make a better system for non-Steam version updates. But so far we've just been focused on getting this game out to people on time and then getting the major kinks worked out. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
hurik

Postby hurik » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi,

1. it would be nice if you would write an news on the ftl page, when there is a new version! there i can get the rss feed and don't have to look always in the forum ...

2. found an little bug (version 1.02.5)
i have:
  • a burst laser III on the first weapon place
  • a burst laser II (or it was a hull laser II, don't know anymore but a laser which needs two power) on the second weapon place
  • zoltan is in the weapon room
  • 5 energy from the ship and one from the zoltan
  • no more ship energy left
now when the zoltan left the weapon room, the buts laser III is losing his power and not the burst laser II, how it should be ... that's really annoying!

thank you for the nice game!
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: FTL Version 1.02.5 Live [YET ANOTHER UPDATE]

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:10 am

@hurik: Yes, I had intended to do that and I should have done it. Once this next small patch goes live I'll make sure to make a more formal announcement on the News section of the website.

Repeat of Update editted into the initial post in case people didn't notice it:

I'm going to be flying to LA to be at IndieCade with Justin this week. Before going, I wanted to put out a small patch to finish up fixing rendering glitches for some systems that weren't caught by the last patch. I also squeezed in some potential fixes for some of the more stubborn common bugs. It'll follow the same release pattern as the last patch where it's initially on the Beta branch on Steam, and it'll make it to the GOG.com/HumbleStore early in the week once those people go to work (everyone else doesn't seem to work all weekend, lazy bums). Full changelog below:

Changelog 1.02.6

-Fixed some texture rendering issues on Mac OS X and older Windows/Linux machines
-Fullscreen - FTL Native Resolution fixed to accurately provide the pre-1.02 Fullscreen method for older PCs
-Tough Little Ship Achievement fixed
-Fixed exploit that allowed player crew to walk through enemy blast doors, which is also a potential fix for the AI bug of walking through walls/doors (Thanks Unlucky Scarecrow!)
-Defense Drones Don't Do D'Anything and Master of Patience Achievements potentially fixed
-Protection against quests spawning at unreachable nodes
-Crystal Weapons / Missile Weapons will accurately state the number of shots they fire per cooldown
-Minor UI help - clearer tooltips for Cloaking/Teleporting and hotkey numbers for drones
-More event/descriptions/tooltip typos fixed