FTL Version 1.02.5 Live [YET ANOTHER UPDATE]

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
fox mccloud

Re: FTL Version 1.02.5 Live [YET ANOTHER UPDATE]

Postby fox mccloud » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:21 pm

just wondering if there is an update for a screen resolution of 1240x600 in the future?
Haspen

Postby Haspen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Matthew: Thanks a lot! :D The game properly resizes my screen to 1280x720 on start-up and then back to my 1024x768 resolution when I quit. You're awesome :)

EDIT: I also noticed on several Let's Plays that the textures of ships are very smooth... whilst my are somewhat pixelated. It's not a problem, though, just wondering what might be causing it o:
FTL graphics are pixelated/messy?
Find the game's settings.ini file and add 'swapTexture=1' there. Said file should be in [steam directory]/steamapps/common/ftl
Hope that helps! C:
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Haspen try adding "swapTexture=1" to your settings.ini file in your FTL installation folder. Might help with the distorted graphics.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Haspen

Postby Haspen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Yep, works like a charm now. Thanks :D
FTL graphics are pixelated/messy?
Find the game's settings.ini file and add 'swapTexture=1' there. Said file should be in [steam directory]/steamapps/common/ftl
Hope that helps! C:
Barleyman

Postby Barleyman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 am

The missing update notes:
*We now support steam cloud (since when? 1.02.6 I can confirm)
*You can switch on very helpful node path preview from options. No more quessing where you can jump from a given node! (This is OFF by default?! Introduced in 1.02?)

And one request. If there are two guys in a room, the MORE qualified guy should take the console. Now it's first guy, even if the 2nd guy is maxed. This can happen if you move repair crews around and hit the medbay and forget to check who's on the helm.
icepick

Postby icepick » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:16 am

Can we put the next patch notes in announcements? Have seen multiple threads looking for them, haha. :)

Just a suggestion.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:28 am

*Steam Cloud was added auto-magically by Steam without really talking to us about it. I do not know when it was added or how reliable it will be. I'm still talking to them about it.

*The original design and my (and Justin's) preferred method of playing is without node pathing. Exploration was meant to have an element of danger and risk-reward. You weren't supposed to be able to compute "ok I've got 5 fuel and that's exactly 5 jumps to go to the quest and get to the exit." Pathing was added by popular demand for those that want it, but has not become the default option (and it was in the patch notes for 1.02.5 under 'Additional Gameplay Options." :))

*We try not to have the game automatically choose where a unit should ever go. Many people like to train up replacement/secondary crew for some systems, and the computer automatically forcing you to swap whenever the other guy walked into the room would be annoying.

@icepick: The patchnotes are in this threads announcement, that's why it says "YET ANOTHER UPDATE" in the title. But I'll be adding it to our News section and a fresh announcement once it's live for everyone :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
icepick

Postby icepick » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:46 am

Matthew wrote:@icepick: The patchnotes are in this threads announcement, that's why it says "YET ANOTHER UPDATE" in the title. But I'll be adding it to our News section and a fresh announcement once it's live for everyone :)

I meant the announcements subforum. Looking in the Tech Support and Bugs section for patch notes is probably as logical a place as any, but most people will probably start in the subforum for announcements. Especially since there's a bunch of patches in there already.
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 am

Matthew wrote:*The original design and my (and Justin's) preferred method of playing is without node pathing. Exploration was meant to have an element of danger and risk-reward. You weren't supposed to be able to compute "ok I've got 5 fuel and that's exactly 5 jumps to go to the quest and get to the exit." Pathing was added by popular demand for those that want it, but has not become the default option (and it was in the patch notes for 1.02.5 under 'Additional Gameplay Options." :))

Yeah, I saw that you added that option, and I used it for about 3 minutes and then remembered how much excitement I had when I was forced to jump back into the rebel fleet to reroute to the exit. It's good you made it an option, but I sure love the excitement of the unknown. ;)
MLP

Postby MLP » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:25 pm

GOG have an update labelled 1.0.1.7 is this actually meant to be 1.0.2.7 as that would make more sense? has anyone downloaded it and seen what it is?