Asteroids impacting hull when shield are at full strength.

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Rob3y

Asteroids impacting hull when shield are at full strength.

Postby Rob3y » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:22 am

I have the most updated version of FTL
Asteroids impacting hull when shield are at full strength!!! I have 3 shields, yes you read it right 3 fully powered Shields. That sort of thing never happen to enemy ships

And that defense drone mk2 is gimped compare to other version of FTL. It waited AFTER a missile impacted on my drone control center and then shoot.

Edit: Again that useless Mk2 Defense drone let a boarding drone impacted my hull(drone control center) before firing 1 shot...

And I have to said that useless drone fires at laser (which would have marginal effect cause I have 3 shields) but it let missile pass though to damage my hull. OMG...
stylesrj

Re: Asteroids impacting hull when shield are at full strengt

Postby stylesrj » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:42 am

Defense drones are always keen on blocking missiles with their faces. I prefer a cloaking device over Drone Control any day of the week. Even Tuesdays.

And are you sure the shield was fully powered and not just recharging when that asteroid passed the ellipse?
Rob3y

Postby Rob3y » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:21 am

3 fully powered shields

I can see the blue aura around my ship. It should be easy to see once the dev load that scenario with a control console.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:29 am

Rob3y wrote:3 fully powered shields

I can see the blue aura around my ship. It should be easy to see once the dev load that scenario with a control console.

A control console?
We are talking about FTL right and not something else? Because like many bugs, these things can't be easily reproduced by anyone.

Unless you're talking about that random event where you're in an asteroid field and if you search for a ship, there's a chance you'll take hull damage from an icy rock rather than acquiring a stasis pod.
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:44 pm

I've reproduced this bug a few times before. It's the time when the shield just finished regenning, but for some reason an asteroid is inside the shield bubble when it regenerated, so the asteroid is considered on the way to hit something.
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:56 pm

META_mahn wrote:I've reproduced this bug a few times before. It's the time when the shield just finished regenning, but for some reason an asteroid is inside the shield bubble when it regenerated, so the asteroid is considered on the way to hit something.

They said "3 fully powered shields" which makes me think that it wasn't that but a mysterious shield piercing asteroid.
Which by the way, can that be modded or are asteroids limited to only causing damage and sometimes a fire or hull breach?