Wonky offcenter game window

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Tamren

Wonky offcenter game window

Postby Tamren » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:44 am

Hi guys, got a bit of a weird problem. When I first booted up the game through steam the game window appeared perfectly centred on my screen. I saw that there was a fullscreen option and tried it out by rebooting FTL. The fullscreen didn't work properly and I still got black bars but I think that is caused by my Nvidia settings.

Ever since I changed the game back to windowed mode the game window is ALWAYS offcenter by a couple inches. Sometimes it appears in the upper left corner of my screen. It's a trivial matter to just grab and re-centre the window with my mouse. But this is strange and really annoying!

Any ideas on what I could do about this?
boa13

Re: Wonky offcenter game window

Postby boa13 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:18 am

I don't see any place where FTL itself would be storing and remembering the window position on-screen. So it must be another program or the operating system that somehow perturbs the window position. What operating system do you use by the way? Windows 7 64-bits? Something else?

Have you installed any kind of utility related to window positioning? Do you have (or did you have) a multi-screen setup? Does the game window itself look correct to you (no black bars inside, not distorted, etc.)?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Tamren

Postby Tamren » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:11 am

I use windows XP. And no, no programs that would affect window position or graphic settings other than the default Nvidia Control Panel.

The only other program on my computer that does this is DOSBox when I start a Steam app that uses it. It too appears off centre.
Retro

Postby Retro » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:01 am

I've had this problem once before. I have full screen option checked and once when alt-tabbing back in, the screen was off centre by about 1-2 cm to the bottom left. I was on the hanger screen at the time. Changing screen to menu etc didn't solve and neither did alt-tabbing again. Restarting the game did however.