2 problems targeting with bombs on ipad

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
rhaining

2 problems targeting with bombs on ipad

Postby rhaining » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:29 pm

[This is a copy/paste of the bug report I filed on GetSatisfaction.com/FTLGame. Reposting it here in case it helps folks. Apparently, GetSatsifaction has a bug voting system, so if you've also been impacted by this bug, I encourage you to go to that site and vote for a fix for this bug. And the usual caveats: thanks a million to the devs for making this freakin' awesome game!]

Two problems with bombs on the iPad.

#1: When playing Fed C, fighting flagship phase 1, on Advanced/Hard, on an iPad, it is completely impossible to traget the flagship's cloaking room with a bomb. Worse yet, the bomb actually targets your own weapons room beneath the enemy's cloaking room, though you can't see it!

#2: When using bombs on an iPad, it is too easy to mistakenly target your own ship. I frequently cancel weapons by clicking on empty space below my own ship. This works fine for all weapons that cannot target your own ship, but sometimes, when you try to cancel a bomb this way, it actually targets a room on your own ship, despite the facts that (a) the enemy ship was visually on top so you shouldn't be able to target your own ship at all in this mode and (b) you clicked several inches away from any of your own ships rooms. (This recently caused me to lose a game that I was otherwise on track to win, as I didn't notice I was bombing my own shield room repeatedly.)

Help!

Thanks in advance.
Coppy

Re: 2 problems targeting with bombs on ipad

Postby Coppy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:36 am

Bump. I've rage-quitted more than 10 times because of the second bug and I'm surprised there hasn't been a patch out to fix it since the release of FTL on the iPad which was months ago.
rhaining

Postby rhaining » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:54 am

If you haven't already, please bump it on getsatisfaction.com/ftlgame, as I believe that will help get it prioritized.
abrasion

Postby abrasion » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:25 am

I have also had this bug, only once but my bombs were targeting my own ship, not missles, not lasers, specifically bombs, specifically ipad.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:05 am

That's not a bug, abrasion.
That's a feature. You can target your own ship with bomb weapons.

Unless you mean you kept accidentally selecting your own ship when you wanted to hit the enemy one.
abrasion

Postby abrasion » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:23 am

No, I tapped on enemy ship, bomb appeared on mine.
I've played over 600 games, I've never seen it before.