Game completely broken

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Potatoes

Game completely broken

Postby Potatoes » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:24 am

Hello,

Essentially, I downloaded a few mods, causing the game to crash when it started. Then, I deleted all the mods and Slipstream mod manager and it still crashed. Then, I removed the game from my computer and accessed it on Steam, and it still crashed. Any ideas? I am using a iMac with OS X 10.9.2.

Crash report was not allowed to be attached for some reason.

Thank You.
UltraMantis

Re: Game completely broken

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:35 am

Manually delete the game folder. Since adding mods creates files not made by the installer, uninstalling the game does not remove those files. So find where the game was installed, uninstall the game (or delete local content in Steam), then reinstall the game.

Currently most mods are not compatible with the latest version of FTL and installing them can cause problems. Again, completely remove the files manually, and reinstall.

If you're still having trouble, you may have to delete your profile in addition to deleting all files and folders. Your profile is kept in .../My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight. Profiles are generally unafected by mods so it's only useful to delete it if you cant get the game to run anymore. Backup your profile just in case.

EDIT - just realised i gave you a profile path for the win version... fail. But like i said, your profile should be fine, it's porbably the mod files still stuck there.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Potatoes

Postby Potatoes » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:10 am

I tried deleting the files, but couldn't find the game folder. Does what you said apply to FTl downloaded from Steam? Thanks for the advice.
Potatoes

Postby Potatoes » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:49 am

I resolved the problem by reinstalling from Steam. Thanks for the help. :)