Oxygen keeps decreasing even if you fix the oxygen room.

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
DrNoid

Re: Oxygen keeps decreasing even if you fix the oxygen room.

Postby DrNoid » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:09 am

NailerNforce wrote:I swear I hit the close all doors button at some point though!
I started opening internal doors to try alleviate the problem.

I don't think opening internal doors ever helps in getting oxygen to a room. It's better to close all doors, as that will then clearly show which room is leaking oxygen (hint: it's the one without oxygen ;)).
Cathulhu

Postby Cathulhu » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am

DrNoid wrote:
NailerNforce wrote:I swear I hit the close all doors button at some point though!
I started opening internal doors to try alleviate the problem.

I don't think opening internal doors ever helps in getting oxygen to a room. It's better to close all doors, as that will then clearly show which room is leaking oxygen (hint: it's the one without oxygen ;)).

In fact it does. I do that when fixing hull breaches. The air from other rooms go into that room with less air and the crew fixing the breach does not suffer from asphyxiation. Wasn't sure it works the first time i tried, but the game really does have an air flow mechanic. A minor detail that impressed me greatly.
boran_blok

Postby boran_blok » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Yep, that tactic is excellent for when you have emptied a section of the ship to deal with boarders, but then need to do some repairs there. Opening all interior doors quickly levels the O2 level and makes those areas breathable again.
Stelly

Postby Stelly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Dude,

You have your airlock open :\ no wonder you have no air :D

Stelly
Sacrificial Toast

Postby Sacrificial Toast » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Another common issue is being in a nebula, you might not notice if you have a hull breach in some random room. If you open all your doors, asingle hull breach will overpower the Level 1 Oxygen system, but a level 2 system fills faster than 1 hull breach leaks out.

Really though, with the airlock designs on some ships, it might be to your benefit to keep a convenient hull breach around so you can vent more effectively. :)