mouse cursor dissapearing after update

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
kakalxlax

mouse cursor dissapearing after update

Postby kakalxlax » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:39 am

hi,after updating to 1.03.3 my cursor started to randomly disappearing ingame. any fix?
UltraMantis

Re: mouse cursor dissapearing after update

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Does it come back, or does it force you to quit the game? Is the game still working with an invisible cursor?

Please post details about your computer:

CPU:
RAM:
graphics:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
kakalxlax

Postby kakalxlax » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:59 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Does it come back, or does it force you to quit the game? Is the game still working with an invisible cursor?

Please post details about your computer:

CPU:
RAM:
graphics:

sometimes it comes back after hotkeying like a maniac, and sometimes (though less often) im forced to restart the game. i also noticed that some text (name of the ships at the hangar and sector number and name while jumping) are not longer centered at the middle of the box, so the top of it is unreadable.

windows 7 64bit
amd fx 8150 8core 3.6 ghz
16gb ram
amd radeon hd 7700 (all drivers up to date)

(forgot to say, most of the cursor banishing happens when clicking on a weapon to target)
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 am

Hmm screwed up text and fonts after an update sounds like a database issue. Could you try uninstalling the game (keep the savegame and profile), deleting everything in the /FTL folder, esp. resources, then installing the game again.

You will have to apply mods again if you use any, but you wont lose progress because the profile is kept in a different location.

There's also the synchronise cache option for the Steam version which can help without reinstalling.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:47 pm

See this thread for the opposite problem: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17005
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.