Bugs patch - 1.03.3

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Matthew
Site Admin

Bugs patch - 1.03.3

Postby Matthew » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Hello everyone!

Thank you to all of you that still continue to send in bug reports. I've been working on this patch for months as the final bugs trickle in and get reported. It's amazing what we're still finding 6 months after release! Along with the bug fixes, we've also put in a few very minor gameplay changes. The teleportation one is probably one of the most requested problems in the game.

The patch is now available for all FTL vendors! You'll need to go to the HumbleStore link (or GOG site) to re-download the game if you're not using Steam where it auto-updates.

Change Log v. 1.03.3

Tuning:

-You can now retrieve crew from a room when teleporting even if they are shooting at a door or walking, limit of 4 per teleport
-If you're carrying the Crystal alien from the stasis pod, the Rock Homeworld map will start with the appropriate quest marker to for the beacon that leads to the Crystal sector
-The Crystal Lockdown bomb is now available as a drop (from enemies or in Stores) in Rock sectors
-Shield Skill will level up when the shields absorb a hit, not when they recharge. This prevents turning the shields on/off to level up.

Major Bugs:

-Fixed: Bug that would sometimes cause an enemy ship not to get hit by asteroids in an asteroid field
-Fixed: Bug gave double rewards after victory when player teleporter was broken and crew 'used the shuttle'
-Jumping will now immediately provide invulnerability to solar flares, incoming boarding drones, and beams
-Can no longer open the ship upgrades screen in hostile situations using the hot key
-If the boss is destroyed, at that point game over will be blocked and your victory is assured even if your ship is exploding.
-Blast Door health will properly regenerate on safe (no current boarders) jumps
-Boarding Drones will no longer be hit by projectiles after they've successfully landed
-Boarding Drones will no longer be destroyed upon Boss Ship Super Shield regeneration
-Waiting in a nebula will no longer remove the sensor dampening effect
-Fixed: Sometimes enemy boarders wouldn't pursue any targets and just stand around.

Minor Bugs:

-Drones should no longer fly "into" the shields and fire past them.
-Dying crewmembers will stay dead if you Save & Quit + Continue. They will also remain unselectable and unmovable as soon as dying animation starts.
-Will no longer open the store / allow repair in the rare situation that you have 0 hull and should be dead
-Credits + Victory screen won't close if you accidentally tap a key - only escape will close it
-Missiles/lasers/asteroids/etc. will no longer collide with bombs since they are technically 'interior' objects
-The event where your crewmember goes crazy will have the correct race/name after going crazy
-You won't be able to waste your money choosing pointless repair choices at the repair station event
-Beam Weapons can now correctly cause breaches, but that will not come standard to current weapons to preserve balance so it's just for modders.
-Interior console glow fixed to display correct colors for crew levels
-Combat/Defense drones will properly trigger blue event options
-Drone / missile counts can no longer go negative
-Modding to have more than 4 shield bars will no longer make asteroids ridiculously terrifying
-Crew will no longer continue repairing a breach if the room is on fire, the fire will take the correct priority (as the animation shows)
-More grammar/typo fixes and minor animation/image polish
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
5thHorseman

Re: Bugs patch - 1.03.3

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Wonderful fixes, all (Yes, even the hotkey ship access. I accept your choice, even if I didn't feel bad for taking advantage of the bug). However, I have one question:

-You won't be able to waste your money choosing pointless repair choices at the repair station event

Does this rule them out if, say, you have 21 hull and want to pay to fix 10? Or will it just not allow you to pay to fix 20 in that case, as 10 would do it just as well? What if you have 23 hull? 24?

I frequently "overpay" in these events on purpose, as it's either cheaper than repairing 8 or 9 hull in the store, or I've simply got the scrap to spare.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:50 pm

It's "smart" so you can over pay if it would make sense to. It just blocks the higher ones if it'd be just as good to use a lower one. Example: If you have 8 damage, then both 10 and 5 repairs will be available, but not 20.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:02 pm

There was a mod made back in October for the crystal quest beacon: Crystal Quest Tweak I've been using it in almost every game and still no luck. :D
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
966socho

Postby 966socho » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm

-Beam Weapons can now correctly cause breaches, but that will not come standard to current weapons to preserve balance so it's just for modders.

Sounds broken even if it did no other damage :shock:
mqstout

Postby mqstout » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 pm

-Drones should no longer fly "into" the shields and fire past them.

Glad to hear that one! I've lost a couple games from stray shots taking out a key weapon recharge or shield level when the drone gets inside the shield.
seacows

Postby seacows » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:30 am

http://imgur.com/AnE6Oqk

This happened when an asteroid and one of my lasers hit the enemy at the same time ( i think? not totally sure cause it happened so fast). The rock scout just froze up like that (it didn't blow up and no asteroids hit it afterwards) and I couldn't attack it either. I jumped away, so I didn't get stuck there at the very least.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:27 pm

@seacow: It looks like it went neutral. Any chance you accepted a surrender accidentally using hot keys?
seacows

Postby seacows » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 am

I don't recall getting any reward, so probably not
remohnospmis

Postby remohnospmis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 am

-You can now retrieve crew from a room when teleporting even if they are shooting at a door or walking, limit of 4 per teleport

Any chance this can be made an option instead?

I have on many occasions teleported out only one or two of my boarders but leaving others to continue fighting. It is accomplished like this:
pause just after a hand-to-hand attack hits, direct the boarders that are staying to other rooms, set up a teleport out, unpause repause real fast, direct remaining boarders to where they are to stay and fight, then finally unpause.

You can get out an injured guy without the others missing an attack which makes sense to me. Why wouldn't you be able to selectively teleport back one boarder?

-Can no longer open the ship upgrades screen in hostile situations using the hot key

If I can use my regular engines to get away from an environmental hazard when I'm out of fuel, why wouldn't I be to do it to upgrade my ship before jumping?

I'm excited about the bug fixes, but considering not upgrading to preserve teleporter functionality.
/end-rant.