(bug report)I didn't think to get a screenshot of it, but...

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
IConquer

(bug report)I didn't think to get a screenshot of it, but...

Postby IConquer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 pm

When I had cloaking level 3, I cloaked my ship, finished off the enemy vessel, and then jumped away all while cloaked.

The jump caused the cloak to immediately go on cooldown, which I expected, but the remaining duration indicator was stuck on where it was the entire cooldown.

Not really a major bug, but seems like a bug anyway, to me.

Relevant (or possibly relevant) information:
- The enemy ship was a rebel fighter of the "rebel fleet has found you" encounter.
- it was sector 8
- I was jumping right into the first stage of the boss
- I was using crystal cruiser type A
- everything was fully upgraded except drones, which were at rank 6
- normal difficulty
- weapons loadout: (Crystal Burst I) (Heavy Crystal I) (Pegasus Missile) (Ion Blast II)
- drones loadout: (Defense I) (Anti-Ship I)
- Augments: (Scrap Recovery Arm) (Shield recharge booster) (Drone Recovery Arm)
- Cargo: Memory fails me, but I think it was empty.
Aand... yeah. I think that about covers it. I'll probably reply with more info if I run into this again.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: (bug report)I didn't think to get a screenshot of it, bu

Postby Matthew » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:34 pm

What version of FTL are you running? It should say in the bottom right corner of the main menu.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
IConquer

Postby IConquer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:06 am

Matthew wrote:What version of FTL are you running? It should say in the bottom right corner of the main menu.

v. 1.03.1, running through steam.

That I forgot to include this must be a dead giveaway that I'm not a game developer :P
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am

Up to date then :) There were a few changes to cloaking cooldowns/resets in previous versions so I just wanted to make sure.

I just want to clarify the bug and then I'll look into it, thanks for taking the time to report it.

You jumped while cloaked and the ship properly uncloaked. Your cloaking system was then "locked" (blue box/blue lock/blue bars) for the appropriate duration. But during the lock, there was no animation for the countdown? You could then use cloaking normally for the rest of the game?

Cloaking is supposed to reset the timer on a jump (to allow you to instantly cloak at the next sector), so that's very odd. The lack of animation is just an additional oddity to the bug.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
IConquer

Postby IConquer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 am

I believe that's what happened. Lemme hop into a stealth cruiser to try and recreate it. Will edit this post with details.

Well, I couldn't replicate it. I went into two encounters with the stealth cruiser, and it properly went off cooldown as soon as I jumped.

Perhaps it has something to do with the boss, or being the crystal cruiser, or level 3 stealth. Can't reliably test it, unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out, though, in case it happens again.
IConquer

Postby IConquer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:05 am

I thought back on it, and I realized that I didn't actually kill the opposing vessel before jumping out. Rather, I jumped out while cloaked while escaping an opposing ship, and that created the situation where the remaining duration bar was stuck while it was on cooldown.

http://imgur.com/a/WvkxC
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 am

I'll check it out, thanks!