[Bug] XML Typos in 1.03.3 (Tooltips added)

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
cruser42

Re: [Bug] XML Typos in 1.03.1 (Sounds added)

Postby cruser42 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:56 pm

I just found 238 xml errors when I opened up the data directory using eclipse's XML editors and Tools package and turning the profiling tools on. FTL 1.03.1

It's actually a wonder that ftl not only works, but works so well that at first I thought the profiling tools were broken :lol:

Glad someone else noticed a few months before I did.

Lots of low hanging fruit and easy to fix in eclipse you just click on each error and it takes you right to the offending line in the right file. (You can also fix them by the dozen with some careful find/replace)

for example, this one from tooltips.xml

<autofire>Toggle to active/deactive weapons automatically firing.</autoFire>
*also deactive should be inactive*

Some of the most common offenders are missspelled closing </sectorDescrption> tags (17 cases in 1 file)

<shipBlueprint> tags closed with <ship> tags

I suspect that ftl doesn't actually read closing tags, but just assumes that they are correct and only crashes if the right number of them are not present. Drives XML profilers crazy though.

Like some of the other posters in this thread, I've fixed the errors in my copy of the game... but it's pretty sad that the fixes will most likely never make it into the official version.
Vhati

Re: [Bug] XML Typos in 1.03.1 (Tooltips added)

Postby Vhati » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:09 am

cruser42 wrote:it's pretty sad that the fixes will most likely never make it into the official version.
As mentioned at the end of the first post, numerous errors have already been fixed in official patches.
They were reported in a thread much like this one.

Thread: [BUG] A Bazillion bugs in blueprint.xml