FTL Green Flickering

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
TheBoneShacklss

FTL Green Flickering

Postby TheBoneShacklss » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Hey so I recently grabbed a Microsoft Surface and I installed FTL via GOG. I have an Intel UHD 615 onboard graphics. The second I launch the game, all of the graphics are green and flickering. My drivers are up to date. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have tried running it in compatibility mode and as admin. Is anyone having this problem? Can anybody help?
isla

Re: FTL Green Flickering

Postby isla » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi there,
I would recommend reaching out directly to Intel about this. I've seen a few other cases recently and we still do not have a fix.
default_myfault

Postby default_myfault » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:10 pm

Had the same issue for multiple games (including FTL and Into the Breach). Launching FTL with the launch option "-directx" fixed the issue for me.
If this doesn't work or you got issues with other games I recommend installing Intel® Graphics - BETA Windows® 10 DCH Drivers. Intel knows about the flickering and this beta attempts to fix it (if I understood them correctly). After this I didn't have anymore issues.
(I know I am late but if anyone else runs into that issue, they have a solution to try out)
FeebleFrosty

Postby FeebleFrosty » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi guys. Just thought I'd try and revive this post as i have been having the same issue for the past few months with FTL, Into The Breach and Papers Please. I am aware Subset Games didn't make papers please but just find it interesting that those three games specifically are having this issue. I have Intel HD Graphics 515. I already contacted Intel, they couldn't help, and i contacted a support member at subset games who also couldn't help. I don't have a clue how coding works so i can help find a solution either lol. :!: :!: :!: :!: I ALSO AM RUNNING ON A MICROSOFT SURFACE. SURFACE PRO 4 TO BE SPECIFIC.

I just noticed Isla is the person i talked to through email when trying to find a solution to this issue lmao.
default_myfault

Postby default_myfault » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:19 pm

As said in my previous post, installing Intel's Beta version of it's graphics driver might fix your issue.
hydrocyclone

Postby hydrocyclone » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:36 pm

I was having this issue with a Lenovo ThinkPad T570 after some apparently unavoidable Windows 10 (64-bit) system updates.
The problem was Intel(R) HD Graphics 620, specifically Driver Version 27.20.100.8337.
I fixed it by reverting to Driver Version 21.20.16.4727.

If you want to try this (assuming you have the above hardware+software+issue):
1) Ensure you have the older driver (21.20.16.4727 released 6/30/2017) downloaded. You will need to get it from Lenovo's website if you don't already have it - Lenovo devices seem unwilling to let you use Intel's stuff directly.
2) Go to Device Manager (just type 'device manager' into the Win10 search bar, unless you have a preferred way of getting to Device Manager).
3) Select Display adapters->Intel(R) HD Graphics 620, right-click, select Properties.
4) Select Driver tab, Update Driver.
5) Select Browse my computer for drivers.
6) Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
7) Select Version 21.20.16.4727 and click Next.

I hope this works for anyone else in this specific predicament, otherwise, I suppose I'm posting it here to remind myself in case another automatic update scrambles my FTL game (I am at ~1100 hours played and clearly can't function without it).