Load 100%, menu music, then FREEZE! on Mac

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
ddask

Load 100%, menu music, then FREEZE! on Mac

Postby ddask » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Specs:
Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.4
Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

Hey there, I know this topic already exists but it seemed to be just users on Windows and various versions of this fix have died several places on reddit, steam, and on this forum before people got to a conclusive fix.

Recently was in the middle of a game and my cursor would flit between visible and invisible. While it was visible I hit save and quit and now the game won't start. I have uninstalled it, uninstalled steam, restarted my computer, wiped backup files, nothing has worked. I have done this several times.

When I start it the loading bar fills up and then menu music starts as if I should be at the main menu, but the visual freezes on the loading bar at 100% and my cursor is invisible. I tried to run with the "-directx" I found recommended online but this has not worked. On top of that, I can ONLY force quit the game, its not even that I get "FTL is not responding" messages when I try and quit normally, it just completely ignores me pressing quit, whether through the window itself or steam.

I really love this game and miss it, somebody please help!

P.S. not sure how it may have affected the game but it started bugging out while I was playing in while on zoom in the background...
ddask

Re: Load 100%, menu music, then FREEZE! on Mac

Postby ddask » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:32 pm

Fr this is just unfixable? :|
zeGman

Postby zeGman » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:00 pm

Try moving your save files out of the folder, (which I don't know where it is on Mac). Then, you wanna launch the game, and start a new game. Quit out of the game, then move the files back into the folder and replace the current ones. Launch the game again and see if it works. If it doesn't, delete the continue.sav. It'll delete your current run, but might work.
CassandraBotil

Postby CassandraBotil » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:42 pm

Tried to fix my end,
I don't know whether I got lost somewhere though!