What an end

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
zcahfg2

What an end

Postby zcahfg2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:34 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stalemate
GG..

T.T
Madhax

Re: What an end

Postby Madhax » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:19 am

Eh, you could sacrifice one of your crew to finish it off. Level 1 teleporter is good enough for rock and crystal boarders to deal system damage and survive to teleport back. Losing a crew member is bad, but it beats a stalemate...

I have to ask, though... four missile weapons? That's some seriously bad luck.
zcahfg2

Postby zcahfg2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:42 am

Madhax wrote:Eh, you could sacrifice one of your crew to finish it off. Level 1 teleporter is good enough for rock and crystal boarders to deal system damage and survive to teleport back. Losing a crew member is bad, but it beats a stalemate...

Thanks for reply, I tried teleporting - I can teleport them back in time but it healed itself while I attack another system. tt
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:34 pm

zcahfg2 wrote:
Madhax wrote:Eh, you could sacrifice one of your crew to finish it off. Level 1 teleporter is good enough for rock and crystal boarders to deal system damage and survive to teleport back. Losing a crew member is bad, but it beats a stalemate...

Thanks for reply, I tried teleporting - I can teleport them back in time but it healed itself while I attack another system. tt

Bringing a system to red through boarding damage or fire damage inflicts 1 point of hull damage. It's a slow process, but you can simply re-damage their weapon system until the ship is destroyed. You'd use two crew at a time to pull this off, and then only use a single crew member to deal the last point of damage since you have no other means of destroying a ship with your current setup.

Usually you'd need a 2-power teleporter to do this, but rockmen and crystals can survive long enough for a single-power teleporter to do the trick.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 am

That's not quite a stalemate, as if you wait long enough every once and a while an enemy missile will land before your drone can shoot it down.
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:26 am

Number43 wrote:That's not quite a stalemate, as if you wait long enough every once and a while an enemy missile will land before your drone can shoot it down.

The enemy is probably out of missiles. You can tell if they're out if their missile launcher is green but not firing. So either the OP got a lucky screenshot off, or the drone can't shoot.
Cocapelli

Postby Cocapelli » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:04 am

omg. with all missile weapons and no missiles, faced with a robot enemy you run. dont waste your time. if you dont get missiles or a real weapon soon, you die.

you die a lot.
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Cocapelli wrote:omg. with all missile weapons and no missiles, faced with a robot enemy you run. dont waste your time. if you dont get missiles or a real weapon soon, you die.

you die a lot.

He's clearly got no fuel.