(FTL RP) FTL: Lakibar Station

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
4n4rch1st

Re: (FTL RP) FTL: Lakibar Station

Postby 4n4rch1st » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:34 am

"Slo- I mean Garnag. I'm not a pilot, I'm a stationmaster. I'd mess up as much as you. And Glydi's on the patients. And the pilot of the Nisos is dying and or deceased. We've got no options. Garnag is on his own. I mean Slocknaw."

Jack's eye was caught by a new blip on his radar. Ha! Just what we needed. Jack immediately hailed the vessel.

"Greetings unknown vessel. You may be pirates, which would be very bad, but if you aren't a pirate, then we co-"

"Metal. We need metal."

"Fuck."
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:52 pm

*ding*
An imaginary and completely metaphorical light bulb appeared above Garnarg’s antennae. He ran over to the comms.
“We have metal. Lots of metal. Metal that will be your’s if you help us.” Silence arose. “Perhaps they’re comtemplating their choices?” He hopefully wondered aloud. Garnarg got back onto the comms. “Did you understand what we mean, we have metal...”
“We know” Came a gruff reply.
“Excellent, so what we wan...” Warning lights came on all around the station. A screen showed ‘Hull integrity 98%’. “They’re firing at us!” Garnarg exclaimed, stating the obvious.
“We will take metal by force.”
“Metal not on shi..” The comms link broke. “-t.” another warning light arose. ‘Oxygen hacked.’ Then another ‘Intruders on board’. “Fuck! these Lanius are actually smart.”
“N-now would be a g-good time to say that, if I’m n-not mistaken,” Marcella said, finally not boosting the beam. “th-those Lanius were the s-same Lanius that wr-recked Nisos. They are vicious.” The eyes Garnarg came onto her.
“That would've been useful information before I tried to broker a deal. Now lets hope Gyldi’s technician skills can help here. According to the sensors the Lanius are in the weapons room, smart. Making us useless.”
‘Same technique mother would’ve used’
AI41

Postby AI41 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:53 am

“Damnit, boarders. Drone control. C’mon! Start!” The simple and basic drone that Gyldi had ready whirred to life and began roving off to the Lanius. “You can rest, I need to get to the storage room.” Gyldi sprinted like a madwoman toward the storage. “Let’s hope I remembered that old rifle.” Gyldi dived headfirst into her box and dug through it. “Ah. Here. Lanius, you’re dead.” She muttered before running off again, this time to the weapons room, where her drone was probably already dead.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:17 pm

I wonder what's going on over there, Slocknaw thought to himself. No sensors, can't just look out the window because all I'm seeing is the wreck of the Nisos... I feel like one of the soldiers I transported to the surface. Sitting there in a fragile tin can wondering about a single shot being able to wipe out the whole squad without warning... then when it'll be safe enough to jump out and fight...

Considering how the teleporter has a greater range than the tractor beam... and that we have a teleporter, Slocknaw could use some of that action?
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:12 am

‘We need Slock.’ Garnarg thought. We was slithering to the weapons room when he passec the cargo teleporter.
*ding*
The electricity bill for the metophorical light bulb is higher then it has for a month. He rushed to the controls.
“If I caan triangulate its position and filter for any organic life forms outside the station for 120 chiliómetro, oh Federation measurements. Let’s make that 50 kilometres. Aaaaand, go!” He pushed the button labeled ‘teleport’ and brought aboard a Slocknaw. Garnarg looked up, then promptly looked down as he realised Slock’s clothes aren’t organic. “Slocknaw! Glad you’re here. We got Lanius boarders in the weapons room, our oxygen hacked and a ship firing at us.” Garnarg rushed out of the room to deal with the boarders.
He opened the door to reveal two Lanius feasting on a drone. The Lanius looked up at Garnarg who is now spamming the ‘close’ button. The door closed, before the Lanius opened it again. ‘Gotta invest in blast doors.’ Garnarg couldn’t take on two Lanius (Lanii?), so he ran.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:17 am

Jack stood outside the the shuttle bay doors as the station rotated into the correct alignment, where he slammed the open button on the bay control panel. The remaining craft inside the bay hurtled out and rocketed into the Lanius ship, dealing considerable, but repairable damage. It wouldn't be a panacea to the problem, but it would buy them vital time.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:45 am

I'm assuming that after seeing that Slocknaw was naked and unarmed that he'd be given a weapon, even if it's a weak sidearm.

Slocknaw gave the equivalent of a frown upon hearing about the intruders. He took the blaster Garnarg offered (so he wasn't going to fight a bunch of metal beasts with harsh language and his fists) and headed the other way towards the living quarters. A good blaster is fine but I left my equipment in my quarters; that will press the advantage.
He slid around a corner to encounter a single Lanius running a claw down the wall, probably to pull out the wiring and feast on the metals.
The metal creature said something harsh only for Slocknaw to blast him several times with the gun.
The Lanius was staggered but still moving. I did set this to maximum settings..., he mused about just how weak the weapon was.
Instead, the Slug quickly slid underneath the Lanius after firing a few more blasts at it, getting to the other side and moving quickly towards his quarters again. I need a weapon. A big one. My rifle can blow a hole in a Rockman at max settings. Drains the power cell quickly of course but Lanius can't take as much damage as the Rocks can
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:32 am

'Should've planned that better, a lot better.' Was the only thought racing through Garnarg's mind as he was running in the opposite direction of what he assumed correctly was a pair of Lanius chasing him.

He ran (quite literally) into Slocknaw. "Sorry about that, Lanius behind me and it's no use fighting one verses two." He then spied the rifle in Slock's hands. "Nice, that'll give us an edge."

The pair of Lanius caught up to the pair of slugs, which was met by a tackle by Garnarg sending one of them into the ground. However, the tackled Lanius just melted into the ground, likely seeping into a ventilation shaft or another room. "They can do that?" Garnarg questioned, turning around to see a Lanius dead on the floor and Slocknaw pointing his rifle at its head. "That's some rifle."
AI41

Postby AI41 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Gyldi leveled her modified rifle at a Lanius who was completely unaware she had followed them after shooting at their friends, and fired. The Lanius’ head glowed red for a moment before liquid metal globs dropped to the floor. She then pointed at the other Lanius. “Unless you want to be scrap, surrender.” This speech alerted the Lanius, who turned around. “Who.. Gyldi? What the hell? Ok, don’t shoot.” The Lanius said. “Jyalen! Why are you here? What happened to the Innocence?” Gyldi yelled at him. “Please, calm down. The Innocence was destroyed. Being the only anaerobic being onboard, I survived. Lanius scavengers turned up to scavenge the Innocence. I convinced them to leave it, and joined their crew. This is the third place I’ve attacked.” Jyalen explained. Gyldi sighed. “Well, which captain do you have more alliegance to? The Lanius who’s attacking us, or me?” She asked. “You, Gyldi.” Was Jyalen’s quick response.

Well, looks like we have Jyalen onboard. Or do we? Either way, here’s his chacter sheet.

Name: Jyalen Verik
Species: Lanius
Skills: Jyalen, like much of the crew of Innocence, randomly did whatever job was available. He’s ok at weapons, shields, engines, etc etc. Gyldi often got him to help with her mechanical projects, so he has a good repair skill.
Physical Details: Jyalen is your standard Lanius, with a slightly yellow colour. Gyldi hired him because he was yellowish and he was ok with what situations they would get into.
Personality: Jyalen’s much more caring and calm than Gyldi.
Notes: Jyalen is one of very few Lanius who straight up can’t suck out oxygen from the air. So, he doesn’t rely on the air lacking oxygen to kill his opponents.
Backstory: Jyalen served aboard Innocence until it’s destruction eight months prior to these events. He then served in a Lanius crew, but what it did he did not like, so he left them at the first opportunity.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:16 pm

"Like the Engi, some Lanius have the ability to decompose themselves. Best not touch any puddles" Slocknaw said, prodding the dead Lanius with his rifle. There were clear Federation markings on the side "They are very weak to blaster fire though in that form."
He checked the motion tracker and detected the escaped Lanius on another deck. However upon getting there, he saw that Gyldi had the situation under control with her own rifle. Probably not Federation standard issue; doubt it even has a stun setting, he mused to himself, raising his weapon at the Lanius. He didn't need to say the obvious like "Freeze" or "Surrender" considering that it most likely had done so in the way Lanius would interpret how Humans surrendered to each other.