Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
AI41

Re: Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Postby AI41 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 pm

"Can I board them if things go sour? I'm our best substitute for a boarding drone." Dargjas offered. "Also, I've cleaned up the engines and crew quarters. We can sleep in clean beds now."
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:36 am

"Thanks for the clean beds. I'm not even sure if we have a teleportation system - if we do, we might use it to get a message across. The first thing we want to do is let them know we're being held prisoner. It's a federation patrol ship, so we should be allowed safe passage. To do that, we need to send a message somehow. Let me see about something."

Algen rummaged around the pilot's controls. The distress beacon had been removed from the ship.

"No distress beacon. How do we get a -"

A single warning shot whizzed by the ship's shield. It was clear they would wait no longer to start an assault.

"We can either hope they have a teleportation system and send someone over or we can run the engines. Which one?"
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:48 am

"Our safest course of action is fleeing but the most profitable course of action is taking an offensive position."
AI41

Postby AI41 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:08 am

"Turzil, my safest course of action is to abandon you. I'm only staying on board because your stupid Federation stole the Kruos and you are the best chance I have of finding it. Where's the airlock? There might be a jetpack." Dargjas yelled. "Boarding drones need thrust to get to the enemy ship right?"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 am

AI41 wrote:"Turzil, my safest course of action is to abandon you. I'm only staying on board because your stupid Federation stole the Kruos and you are the best chance I have of finding it. Where's the airlock? There might be a jetpack." Dargjas yelled. "Boarding drones need thrust to get to the enemy ship right?"

"I'm sorry what? Anyways there's an airlock in the engines room and in the corridor leading to the shields room."
AI41

Postby AI41 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:20 am

"Woo! Boarding drone me!" Dargjas cheered as he ran to an airlock. "If we can't get out of here, tell me and I'll board the bastards."
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:34 am

"The reason we're all staying on board is the fact that we're high-value targets to a massive underground galactic superpower who would have us dead or tortured if they got half the chance and if we don't work this out together, that's exactly what they're going to get. Your Kruos might be nice but we can't find it if we're dead. Now help me out here and figure out how in the world I'm supposed to send them a message."
"Blamsauce!"
AI41

Postby AI41 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:44 am

"Ok, we need a light. If we can flash a Morse code message they might get it. Turzil'll probably know Morse code if you or Mawkish don't. I'll see if I can scavenge and forge us some pieces to make a better communicator though."
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:25 am

"Light. I can do a light. The alarm should work."

Algen rushed to the security panel, knocking over the chair and scaring himself as he ran to it. He managed to send SOS through the alarm on the cockpit, and continued to send it for a while.

"I think they're getting it," he anticipated, "at least, I hope they are."

After minutes of intense waiting, the Federation patrol ship began to dock.

"Okay, right. I'll receive them at the airlock, you keep working on that transmitter."

Algen walked over to the docking airlock, which was near the cell they were kept in. The airlock slowly opened, revealing three agents - a slug and two humans - armed with blaster rifles.

"Thank goodness you're here. We've been-"

"Put your hands up and hand over the blaster rifle."

"I forgot I had that. I apologize."

Algen quickly complied, and the agents began to enter the rest of the ship.

"Sir, I need to explain what's happening here!"

The agent looked back, rifle still in hand, and signaled the other two to stay in the airlock with him. "What do we need to know?"

"Have you seen the news on the missing research team? Look, that's us, and-"

"We found their bodies in a dump on a backwater planet. You figure we're falling for this coverup?"

"You- they- what? That wasn't us, that was faked, I swear!"

"Fine. You and your crew are coming with us for now. We figure this out later."

"Thank you - we're sure this ship is bugged, we need to get off it before they find us."

(Are you guys okay with them taking us? Just tell me if you're not. I have a backup plan so the story should work just fine either way.)
"Blamsauce!"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:14 am

I'm fine with it.

Turzil wasn't just annoyed with the guards, he was angry that three Federation officer not only thought that the General Turzil was dead, but that they couldn't even recognize the real thing. He stormed up to them. "I'm sorry, do you not recognize me? I am Turzil, last general of the Engi Brigade. Saver of the Federation. You should be ashamed with yourself, not being able to recognize an ex-top Federation officer like me, even if I am retired from the army. Appalling behavior, absolutely appalling."