Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Re: Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Postby dyno101 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:53 am

"Well, I think we all figured there was going to be a plan B."

Algen waited for a moment as the guards walked away.

"Well, we need to open that cell door. Check the walls, find panels if you can. We might be able to hack into the ship's systems using currents or-"

As he was talking, Algen looked down to his right to find a small panel which he can pry open. Doing so revealed a command interface.

"This isn't a cell, this is the supply closet! This panel should be able to give us supplies."

After some investigation, a military-grade bomb popped out of the wall.

"This looks like it wouldn't kill us if we messed up. Can any of you pry this open? We can use the blasting core to blast the cell door specifically if we can get the core out."
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
AI41

Postby AI41 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:00 am

"Turzil. You'd be useful for this. Engi are large groups of nanobots, if the Enius experiment serves me right."
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:58 am

Turzil, while all up for a plan B, was worried about how dangerous this was. "Um, while we could blow up this, now closet, and escape, I would prefer a much safer solution. Maw, try and see if there's anything useful in the minds of anyone around here, I'll try and get something else out of this closet." He went down to the control panel to try and get anything else. What he got were some drone parts. "I could assemble this into a makeshift cutting beam with enough time, just make sure no one realises what we're doing." Turzil put away the bomb and tried to get something out of the parts in the far corner of the room.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:48 am

“Aye aye, Captain. Maw began looking through the thoughts of nearby crewmembers. “They all hate this Marc guy. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a mutiny yet... There’s a guard headed towards this room, and he has an ID card that should be able to unlock the door. He might be an alternative.”
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:10 am

Maw wrote:Aye aye, Captain. They all hate this Marc guy. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a mutiny yet... There’s a guard headed towards this room, and he has an ID card that should be able to unlock the door. He might be an alternative.

"Gee, I wonder why." Turzil responded in a slightly altered tone of voice, obviously his sarcastic mode. "I think they would hate him even more if they all discovered he arrested a great general." He went to the bars to intercept this guard. "Sir, would you mind a conversation?" The guard was confused.
"Why?"
"Do you recognize me?"
"Apologies sir but no, I really must go..."
"You hate Marc don't you?"
"What?" He said in a surprisingly loud voice towards the corner of the room."No one hates the great Marc Chase!" Turzil followed his eyesight to meet at a security camera. It turned the other way and the guard came in to whisper. "To be honest, everyone hates him. We would mutiny if the Federation didn't classify him as a second in command and wou...
"WHAT?" Turzil said in a voice way too loud. "How would someone like Marc be first in line to replace Tully, he would..." Turzil stopped his sentence. "Oh, first in line to replace Tully Chase, family succession. Oh Tully, you were always too close to family."
"Yeah, the Federation would imprison us for life if we revolted."
"Well, your excused."
"Wait, how do you know about Tully?"
"Oh pardon me, I'm General Turzil." The guard looked at him with shocked eyes.
"That piece of shit." he muttered under his breath He looked to his left and right then slipped Turzil his card to Turzil. "In case you need a way out." He winked at Turzil then stomped off. Turzil turned to the others. "I got the card, but were can't really do a mutiny to distract our escape."

Had to be some reason why no one has revolted yet.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:19 am

“We might be able to get the crew to help us if they know who you are, Turzil. It would be possible without a mutiny.”
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:31 am

Mawkish the Hopeful wrote:“We might be able to get the crew to help us if they know who you are, Turzil. It would be possible without a mutiny.”

"I told him who I am, that's why he gave me the card. Perhaps if word spreads around we can make a disappearing act."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 pm

“Maybe they’ll turn a blind eye to us, but there are cameras.” Maw pointed to the one in the corner. “We need some way to disable them.”
AI41

Postby AI41 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 am

"Perhaps I might be able to squeeze through the guts of this ship and get the cameras offline. If you want me to stay with you, I have already gathered some scrap to make that bomb an ion one. One crucial flaw with this. There are three ships. One's in no condition to go anywhere, and the other two are littered with Chase's men. It will be very suspicious if all the men in one ship leave it all of a sudden. If we can get to the wreck, Marc is probably overlooking it, the smug idiot, and we grab a few EVA packs, I could rig us enough thrust to coast away without Marc realizing. By the time he finds where we've disappeared to, we might have a semi stable way to get out of here. Or, we could steal a running ship, giving the Federation a real reason to hunt us, and possibly have to fight Marc. Tully will be furious with all of us if we harm him in any way. That will leave you three to be forced to hide from the law in a world none of us are used to, which will most likely have you killed quickly, and me the kindling on which a war may light. The Lanian government won't give you anything, and they'll not think once about giving you sanctuary on Lania. Unfortunately, the hiding part seems very likely anyway, so if it weren't for the possible collapse of Lania-Kruos relations and the death of millions of all of our people, I would gladly go all in for the possible fight with Marc option.

Then again, I haven't seen any leadership of the Federation but Tully and Turzil.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:40 am

"The camera of course." Turzil stared at it, then it hit him. "What are the actual chances that the person behind that camera is either not there because he doesn't care or is there but not caring about it? Still, I'm not risking anything. I think that if you, Dargjas, can seep into the ship and disable cameras then he can also disable communications and other sytems, is that correct? If so we can hide on the ship while Marc is flailing like an idiot and his crew are 'trying' to find us."